Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

78 gs 1000 motor

Just out of curiosity, I have 2 motors. A 78 1000 8 valve and an
    82 1100g 8 valve (not 16). Question is; will the jugs and head from the 82 1100 mount onto the 78 1000 block and if so, is it worth a build? Can the crank handle it? Big Jay hit me up. GO SOX.
    Last edited by Guest; 10-24-2007, 08:43 PM.

yes the 2V top end stuff works together. I have mixed and raced different combinations with success. I like the small port 1000 head with the 1100 CV carbs for smooth street riding.

if you get crazy with big cams and carbs I suggest welding your 1000 chain drive crankshaft.

the shaft drive crank is different and the shafty transmission shafts are different too.
    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Thanks for the reply. If I do anything in that direction, I'd weld the 1000 crank for sure and bore the 1100 jugs and mount them up. The 1000 has a chain tranny and I imagine there would be some gear work there also. At least now I know it's possible. Lots of work, all I need is money right?

Comment

depends on what you have to trade. Cash money is only one form of currency.

the unwelded crank can handle a lot. so can the trans.

if you go really big ( larger than 1100cc) and plan on 10K rpm shifting then you should consider on the bottom end mods.

but if you are a moderate rider only taking a 3 gear blast onto the highway on ramp once in a while you'll be fine as the bottom end is stock.

btw I have a shaft drive crank already welded. I made the mistake thinking that the GS cranks interchange like kawasakis' do. I tried to sell it on Ebay and it didn't go.

so if you have an idea of a hotrod shafty.... \\/
        SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Originally posted by trippivot View Post
          so if you have an idea of a hotrod shafty.... \\/
          ~1200 cc's, high lift cams, dialed in cams, fuel injection, dyna ignition and coils, big-ass oil cooler, quick turn throttle, re-gear the box for higher speeds, super-charger, billet clutch basket and heavy duty springs, upside down front end, Spondon/Moko frame kit, Fournales shocks, Drag bars, jacked up rear end, rear sets, sticky rubber, then chuck on the body work / luggage from a GS1100GK........................ go on.......... you know you wanna do it.

Comment

Working...
          X