new regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new regulator

hey just got a new regulator for my 82 650 from a 97 gs500 ow there a slight difefrece to the wirig betwee the regulators o the 82 i have 5 different colored wires on the 97 i know wat the black and red wires do but there r 3 yellow wires was just wonderin if anyone knows wat wire does wat sp i can match em up with the old ones

if ya tell me what colars they are ill look it up at work i work at a suzuki
    dealership

Comment

The yellow wires are all stator wires. They don't have to be hooked up to the stator in any particular order. Make sure you have good grounds on the bike and hook the ground from the new R/R staight to the negative battery terminal.

Comment

the origional wires r white/red and white/blue and yellow

Comment

Originally posted by venom67 View Post
          the origional wires r white/red and white/blue and yellow
          If those are your stator wires just hook each of them up to any of the three yellow wires on the new r/r, it doesn't matter which yellow wire you use to each on your stock wiring.

Comment

yep thats the way they hook up i just looked at my gs and thats what i did

Comment

alrite thanks for the info i didint want to tool around without any foreknowledge

Comment

Working...
              X