gs1100e conversion to 1150 swingarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs1100e conversion to 1150 swingarm

looking for some help on converted my 1100 swigarm to the 1150 swingarm with mono any pictures or details on how this is done would be great!!

why not go for a bandit rear instead .....better components and better rubber available for it

Comment

because already had my swingarm lengthed 8" and for what paid for the swingarm and shock i couldnt go wrong putting a 180 gsxr ri on it! thanks for getting back to me

Comment

fairynuff :-D

Comment

Problem is dude... you can't put a 5.5 rim into an 1150 swingarm. it is smaller than the 1100 one you are switching out.

1100 swingarm is 10" wide, throw a measure on your 1150 arm ....you won't be happy....sorry.
          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

swingarm

I had my GS1100 fitted with an 1150 arm that was extended 8" over and it was also widened to use a GSXR 5.5 wheel. But, I sold that arm and got a Katana 750 arm and made me my own 8" over arm and converted it to monoshock with a 96 ZX11 Kaw shock.

Comment

sweet lookin ride dude. NIce job.
              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

ride

Thanks, I use it mostly for the track, So I "eliminated" the linkage and moved the shock back 7" inches so it would not have to handle the added leverage of the extended arm. rides as smooth as any stock bike and will 60 ft. at the track better than my Busa. The arm is "rough" but it's strong. it's more go than show.

Comment

Looks mean and ugly...sort of speak. Thats where the beauty is. You know.....rugged may be a better term. I LLLLLLLIKE it
                  KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

another

Thanks. I have a nice 1327 8.5:1 JE piston kit and block. And a Mr Turbo kit complete except for the wastegate. I am going to do another 83 model but this time turbo and more for the street.

Comment

Sounds killer... I am going to attempt a turbo 1260 with 10.25 pistons though I have a 1327 wiseco block with 8.5 pistons.

I am also going to fuel inject it for unlimited adjustablillity with my computer. Will have an output for that. Gunna turn it into a high tech, state of the art dynosaur.... ahahahahaha 83 katana that is...
                      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

F.i.

F.I. is nice for blow through. The Mr. Turbo Draw through has a 42mm Mikuni RS flatslide that works really well. Is not high tech but really simple to work with.

Comment

We have hijacked this thread.... gunna move it to its own.
                          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

tire fits in there fine all bolted up thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                            X