Project Gs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
    So what's the story behind this head Bill? Thought your bike was one rock'n machine the way it was? Going for the old turbo Bentley horsepower methodology?

Bentley engine HP rating = Adequate
    Turbo Bentley HP rating = Adequate + 50% \\/
    The old head had bad guides and needed some work. So I just did it right. Kris has some cool friends.:-D
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Got the frame back from the powderkote along with all of the pieces \\/

Comment

Boy...that stuff is great! I wish we had this stuff 20 years ago.

Comment

Soon it will be time to put it together...I can`t wait8-[

Comment

All of the pieces

Comment

Swing arm...gorgeous

Comment

I know this is the GS site but here is my KZ 900 with new paint

Comment

Got to get rid of those ugly ass grips:shock:

Comment

Last one for now:-D

Comment

Not my thing personally, but its fantasticly done! Very nice! and i LOOOOVE 900s

Comment

That's the Kaw?????? WOW!!
                        Frame looks great. Won't be long now.
                        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Kris,

I am a long time lover of the kawi 900 series. My buddy had a z1 back in the day. NO mistaking the sound of one coming down the road. Nice job. would like one myself. almost picked up a 78 Z1R coffin tank, but couldn't wrench it out of the owners hands. The 900 though....the best in my oppinion. its a legend.

everyone should have a mad max mobile.

cheers,
                          Last edited by katman; 03-14-2008, 02:19 AM.
                          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Yeah this old man(bike) has been around the block once or twice. I have had this 76 for 20 years. I rescued it from a back yard,it was painted flat black with a rattle can chrome and engine included. The old man has never failed me on the road or at the dragstrip:-D

Comment

I don't normally like flames. But that is cool.
                              The guys who paint your bikes do good work!.
                              I showed it to my 5 year boy (who loves anything to do with flames)
                              He thinks I should do my bike like it. So I have compromised and I am going to flame his push bike up some.
                              I love the 900 also. Had a Z1R for a wee bit. (Should have kept it in hindsight)
                              I used to race a speedway sidechair with 900 and it could fly. ahh memories...
                              Do you race the Kwaka? I noticed it has what lools like a kill cord. on the bars.
                              Cheers

Comment

Do you race the Kwaka? I noticed it has what lools like a kill cord. on the bars.

Every now and then I will take it to the dragstrip to let every one know it is still a contender and to not take this bike lightly.

Comment

Working...
                                X