No announcement yet.

Project Gs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks all. These are probably the last pictures of it since it`s time to go riding now. I started it up this morning and no leaks or squeaks.time to break it in.

Comment

Kris! The paint and bodywork looks GREAT on the bike! Killer!

Comment

That looks sanitary.
        Love the sleeper look.

Comment

Very Nice

I have to spend some time reading this thread but the finished product looks great. Looks like an 1150 front end? I'm sure it is fast.

Posplayr

Comment

Looks like an 1150 front end?

Yep good ole` 1150 front end that was lowered. Bike runs OK but there are some issues,got an oil leak in the head somewhere and ignition got some problems but are all fixable. It rides real nice and cushy and handles corners real good.

Comment

Update...gonna have to take the engine apart to fix an oil leak,BUMMER Gonna have to dry deck the heads due to the turbo boosting and leaking out of the head so out of the frame it goes. Got to split the cases also to make it complete,oh well that what happens when you make HP.

Comment

bummer you have to take it appart!
                especially as there are a few more bits on that engine than on a regular gs

forgive my ignorance, what does it mean to "dry deck the heads"?
                thanks
                GS850GT

Comment

He's going to seal the oil ports through the cylinder to the head. The overhead oiler supplies enough oil to the head.
                  His engine makes so much power that the oil spits out where the cylinder and head meet at the oil ports.
                  1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                  1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Kris, are you gluing your gaskets with Gasgacinch? I have NEVER had one leak doing it the way I do. What are you using for sealer? Also, you've got a little motor with a stock block, right? Ray.

Comment

thanks chef
                      GS850GT

Comment

I use Three bond 1104,the best! Don`t like gasgacinch, it doesn`t stay plyable enough when it gets old or hot. The drag bike did the same thing with the 1327 and 1429 kit,dry decked it stopped all of the BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris V View Post
                          I use Three bond 1104,the best! Don`t like gasgacinch, it doesn`t stay plyable enough when it gets old or hot. The drag bike did the same thing with the 1327 and 1429 kit,dry decked it stopped all of the BS.
                          Not sure I understand your issues with Gasgacinch. I put my current motor together in Feb. of 04 & it still hasn't been apart or leaked! It doesn't even weep oil anywhere. Ray.

Comment

That`s nice...you use that on YOUR bike an I will use this on MY bike,is that ok for you???

Comment

Originally posted by Kris V View Post
                              Update...gonna have to take the engine apart to fix an oil leak,BUMMER Gonna have to dry deck the heads due to the turbo boosting and leaking out of the head so out of the frame it goes. Got to split the cases also to make it complete,oh well that what happens when you make HP.
                              Whats the boost have to do with an oil problem? Oh, yea I forgot, you don't O ring yours. Sorry for the bad news but sounds like you knew ahead that there was a problem cause it had to be solved on your other bike and maybe forgot. Oh well, no big deal. You will have it fixed in no time I'm sure. Just a pain.

It sure looks nice! Very clean and looks like things are easy to get to for the most part. Did you get it on a dyno while you were shaking out the problems? Curious how the foggers worked out for you.

Comment

WOW...should have never even posted anything about the oil leak on this web site. Don`t worry people I will fix it! Just thought that I would give an update,I didn`t expect a clinic. This will be my last post.

Comment

Working...
                                X