will it run if i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will it run if i

will my 79 GS 850 still be fine if i disconnect the guage cluster?

Should. Lots of people remove the gauge cluster. Now being able to guess when its in neutral or not is a different story

Comment

Your speedo and tack should be mechanical so no problem there.Though if you remove the tack cable oil will leak out the hole. But the turn signals may not work without the indicators as the flasher is load sensitive.

Comment

what should i do about the tach cable ? dont wont to leak oil lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jd Powell View Post
          Your speedo and tack should be mechanical so no problem there.Though if you remove the tack cable oil will leak out the hole. But the turn signals may not work without the indicators as the flasher is load sensitive.
          the turn signals on my GS750 worked fine when I removed the instrument cluster. and I didnt have any leaks from the tach cable hole...

Comment

when you disconnected the tach cable from the block did you take that screw and bracket off too that ataches to the block? how will oil leak?

Comment

Just unscrew the cable from the housing.There is an 0-ring in the housing so the oil shouldn't leak out.

Comment

Originally posted by tconroy View Post
                Just unscrew the cable from the housing.There is an 0-ring in the housing so the oil shouldn't leak out.
                Right. If your seals are good and tach gear isn't worn you shouldn't be leaking oil.

Comment

Working...
                X