Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a way to makes some cheap..

Comment

AHhh afellow dotheton member...whats up! Those rearsets are a good idea, but i just wouldnt trust them with my fat arse one em...lool

Comment

someone wanna be nice and just get copies made up of what they allready have PUH LEESE

Comment

Patience young grasshoppah...mine will be here soon and as far as i can tell they are direct bolt up...i shall find out how to make everyone some...

Comment

I have access to computer aided design programs out the wazoo. if someone would like to give my dimentions.. iie where each hole has to be in reference to the other, plate thickness, hole sizes, and any thing else, I could model it for you.

I'm kinda getting into exams soon, but it wouldn't be hard to do.

I also have a milling machine, but to cut nice rearsets is a pain in the ass.
            if you want to do it cheap, they are going to LOOK cheep too, no way around it.

Personally, I'm thinking of rearsets, and I'm probably just going to get some flat stock steel, grab my drill, and make a set. Quick and dirty.
            the only thing holding me back is the i routinly carry passengers, so i would need to make a second set, and I'm not so sure about the geometry yet.
            may be in the spring

Comment

i'll be getting some cardboard out this weekend and doing some cutting to get a mockup.
              1980 Gs550e....Not stock...

Comment

Some pics that may help.

Comment

Great post/pics. Check ur pm's
                  1980 Gs550e....Not stock...

Comment

I cheated and bought those $275 Tarozzi rear sets. Very high quality and very comfortable. But I cant use my kickstart.

Comment

Thats the italian company i had heard about that made em for the 750...and thats the drawback i also heard about. You tried moving it around on the splines atall to see if you can get a better angle?

Comment

There's no possible way to kick it no matter what you do. It even has folding pegs but they dont help.

Comment

bummer man...I have a set coming from a gixxer set up for a 750 frame...i hope i dont have this problem...i loves me my kickstarter..

Comment

Uh oh. Don't let Grandpa hear ya say that! ;-)

Comment

Eh..why?? 'member im still one of the new guys here...did i miss something??

Comment

I want to do rearsets on my bike but I can't lose my kickstart...it's the only way i can start my bike. I saw a project where the kickstart was modified to clear the rearsets but it was on a Honda.

Comment

Working...
                                X