83' GS1395 w/ full 02' GSXR susp; small problems arise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DemonBike View Post
    Let me know what you think of it so far. I am going back and forth on using the fairing or not. I might make it so I can take it off easily, have to figure out what to do about the light mount in that case. I am thinking of going gloss black on the front with ghost flames. That along with some aluminum parts like the forks and rearsets might look good. I am open to your ideas. The engine is getting done in two stages. The crank is going to Falicon shortly to lighten and balance with the 13.5-1 pistons. I am going to keep the top end stock since I have a second head (it has a slightly bumpier cam). Depending on what I think, I might go crazy with the spare head.

If you have any info on this fairing, I am very curious. The guy I bought it off wasn't exactly helpful other than saying it was on a 83'GS1100E. I am thinking its a canadian model?!

GS1000- Thanks for the bearing , speedo and gearing info. I will be ordering them all shortly. What do you think of the top-end oiling systems? With the lighter crank I am going to try and give a couple grand higher red line. Here are a couple pics, I will show more detail if someone could use it. Thanks

Cant send pics yet, too large to post. Check back tommorow afternoon
    BTW, if you go with a 530/525/520 chain, you need to change the amount of teeth on your sprockets. Stock on the 1000/1100 is 15/42 for the front/rear sprockets with a 630 chain, I use 17/48 on mine with the 520 chain mentioned to provide more chain/swingarm clearance. This preserves the stock gearing ratio at 2.8.

A top end oiler and a good oil cooler are always a good idea, especially since you'll be creating more heat than stock with your mods. You looked at the one from Vortex? http://gszone.biz/oil.html

Looking forward to seeing pics of the beast.... :-D

Comment

If I were you I would send the crank to GRC as they do GREAT work, are CHEAPER, & are HONEST! i have sent some stuff to Falicon that was FRESH that they said was junk. I don't trust them! Stan Gardner does GREAT work & is VERY honest. He will only sell you what you NEED & will be very informative also. He can be reached at 207-664-0377. I specialize in BIG motors & will help you any way I can. Ray.

Comment

Working...
      X