X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rejetting question

Here's the deal. I know when you get pods you need to
    rejett the carbs. Wondering if there is any other option instead of buying
    a full re-jet kit for $125.00? Could you just purchase a different size jet or are
    there specific things the kit comes with that you need to re-jet. Sorry if this is a stupid question but i'm new to bikes and wondering if it is necessary to spend the $125 if I could do it for cheaper.

What type of bike first?? That will help us to determine the best solution for you, but to simply answer your question, you CAN in fact buy just the main jet, and most here will tell you that you should be able to dial in for pods with the stock bleeder/pilot jets, a new main jet, and depending on what type of carbs you have (either mechanicals or CV type, again dunno which without knowing what bike you have) Let us know and we can answer more...

Comment

Most who have tried it without the Dynojet kit say it's a lot more successful & a lot less heartache with it than without it.....

Dan
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Great point Dan...I WISH they still made the kits for MY bike...so alas i have had to attempt everything on my own..we'll find out soon enough..im crossing my fingers for the 'silver bullet jet" but im sure i have some tweaking to do...

Comment

Oh yeah sorry, I suppose that would help.
          82 GS650GL.

Comment

Working...
          X