Getting er started again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
    Oh man it has to get up to 600 degrees! i dont think your exhaust at the end is that hot, youd have to stick it WAY up in there.
    Hehe yeah I think it can get that hot. Besides this guy is gonna run just headers. Those'll get hot enough. As for the rest of us I'm pretty sure it can get that hot

Comment

Well i can pull my meg off and stick it right in the collector from the headers, Im SURE it gets that hot there.

Comment

Yup you can do that too. And the rich or leanness won't be affected because all automobiles have the O2 sensors before the mufflers and they can be removed without effecting the rich or leanness

Comment

you'd prolly get a more accurate reading doing it that way as well, seeing as there is less ambient air at the header than the meg. i might have to pick up an O2 sensor this week. Couple that method with a colourtune plug and you could have that baby purring like a kitten with EXACTNESS. You say it creates its own voltage so you dont have to power it at all?

Comment

YUP. The tip heating up is what generates the voltage. So it needing to be at 600 degrees before working correctly is explained.

And if you're feeling cheap steal one off of your car! Lol. Just don't strip the wires!!!!! I've seen it done so its a word from the wise!

Whats a colortune plug? I'm assuming a sparky (spark plug) that read the the hotness of the cylinder better?

Comment

Its a spark plug with a window that lets you see the colour of the burn in the cylinder. Yellow or orange you know you are rich, light blue or white, you're lean and bunsun burner blue and you're right on. Couple that with the o2 sensor reading and you can prolly tune that thing like a champ.

Comment

here ya go...lil spendy but definately worth it to save you bucks on asprin and psychiatric visits...lol
                Painless, quick delivery of your domain name. Fast and professional service.

Comment

HOLY CHIT! That's genious. Alot better than trying to read a spark plug. BUT then again. If you can read a sparky good you can even see if the timing is one and plus you can tell how you're doing at Idle, mid throttle and WOT. BUT thats if you're good at reading it. I used to have a good web site on how to read all those things but I lost it when this stupid laptop crashed.

Comment

yeah but ideally when doing plug chop tests, you want to use a new set of plugs for every test...that can get annoying and expensive.

Comment

TRUE!

BTW sorry Shoeless for all the semi-hijacking. BUT if it counts for anything this is all info pretaining to getting a motor running right

Comment

Yeah sorry man but this for sure will help you in your endevours as far as tuning for an oddball filter and pipe!

Comment

BTW POST PICS MAN!!!!! I wanna see this custom intake

Comment

for sure!! i saw your tank and liked that alot, i wanna see how this thing is coming along!!

Comment

Here are a few pics, she's certainly come a long way.

Here she is on the day I brought her home:

Here is the custom intake I fabbed up (a little redneckish but it works):

Here it is mounted:

And here she is as of last week:

I'm seriously thinking about investing in a colortune, I've heard nothing but good things about them. Thanks for the advice guys, no worries on hijacking, it was all interesting regardless. Oh and just for kicks, here's the way I see her looking after some rim paint and new whitewalls:

Comment

Looking awesome. Shh don't say anything but I like the whitewalls :-D Also good idea on the intake. It shouldn't screw with the carbs that much. Well not as much as pods anyways

Comment

Working...
                                X