Piggy back shocks on Ebay $169 BIN!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piggy back shocks on Ebay $169 BIN!!

Completely adjustable, including length. Nitrogen gas, DAMN SWEET! 6 hours left and only 4 sets available...someone snatch em up!! I would but i dont think they are gonna be long enough, and i just dumped 400 bucks on a motor of ebay...HEH

Dude I bet those would ride SO nice. But I don't got that much cash on me right now.

Comment

Yeah that motor blew my wad, so i figured id spread the word. Maybe he'll have some more later on...i sent him an email asking.

Comment

No damping adjustment on them or is that what the Nitrogen is for??

Tempting, have to spray those springs black though!

Dan
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Thats what the nitro is for. They are kinda gaudy lookin, but i bet they are a sweet ride! I spoke to the seller, and he says he has enough stock left for a couple weeks, so i will be getting a set soon.

Comment

anything like these?

which are regular stock:

and check out the new $49 cartridge emulators for 35 mm forks (which many GSs have):

That's about 1/3 the price of Race Tech emulators

Please note this is not my shop, no connection at all except as a soon-to-be customer

Comment

They are better than those...these are fully adjustable length, can do either eye to clevis or eye to eye and have full preload adjustment and dampning adjustment. Did i mention that you can go from 11.2 inches long all the way to 13.8?? i think so..heheheh

Comment

How easy is it to change the nitrogen level?

Did he mention what weight they are setup for?? Should be reasonably hard if they'll fit a V MAX I guess....

Also did he give you the top eye measurement? I don't see that....

Sold Out! That was fast!!

Dan
                Last edited by salty_monk; 12-10-2007, 03:39 PM.
                1980 GS1000G - Sold
                1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I would bet if they can handle a Vmax they can handle our 500lbers. I would guess it would be fairly simple to adjust the gas level, but i dunno where you'd find it, unless one of those tire places that use Nitrogen to inflate tires could help you out. Or maybe there is a canister that you can use. I'll have to investigate more on this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                    Thats what the nitro is for. They are kinda gaudy lookin, but i bet they are a sweet ride! I spoke to the seller, and he says he has enough stock left for a couple weeks, so i will be getting a set soon.
                    The nitrogen has nothing to do with the damping. It is there to keep the oil under pressure to prevent foaming and fading as the shocks heat up. Changing the nitrogen pressure will accomplish nothing relating to the damping or spring preload. The spring (both the rate and the preload levels) determines the weight of the bike that the shock can handle and the damping is simply there to control the spring and the unsprung weight. Damping is controlled by either the orifice(s) size or the shim stack, depending on the type of damping system used.

Mark

Comment

Ah thanks for the info! I wasnt exactly sure how it worked, but that explains it well enough

Comment

Also from the original seller listed above:

Note they are in France, but they will ship worldwide pretty much.

Mark

Comment

YEAH! saw those late last night...I think i will purchase those in favour of the other, when i get around to it...already contacted the seller and he claims he has stock for a couple more weeks.

Comment

Searching on Google for NiceTech shows most of the hits coming from the Philippenes (not that theres anything wrong with that) I was just curious where they were coming from and how they could be that cheap. Posh Racing didn't have much info either. They look innovative.

Comment

well hopefully ill be picking up a pair in a couple weeks. So i'll let everyone know!

Comment

Working...
                              X