No announcement yet.

Piggy back shocks on Ebay $169 BIN!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TO ALL, Please beware these poor shocks.
    They are made in China. I can get you only US$30 for a set if you want.
    They do not have oil inside. Only gas and spring for suspension.
    They are original make for electric scooter small bike.
    Do not buy it for big bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Addy Leung View Post
      TO ALL, Please beware these poor shocks.
      They are made in China. I can get you only US$30 for a set if you want.
      They do not have oil inside. Only gas and spring for suspension.
      They are original make for electric scooter small bike.
      Do not buy it for big bike.
      Safe to say everything on the cheaper side is made in China. But thanks for the heads up anyways

Comment

hrmm if that were the case..they'd be screaming under the DRY weight of a GS or Vmax...unless they're doing the bait and switch, the photos clearly show those springs and shocks standing up to the weight quite well..

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
          hrmm if that were the case..they'd be screaming under the DRY weight of a GS or Vmax...unless they're doing the bait and switch, the photos clearly show those springs and shocks standing up to the weight quite well..
          The whole bait and switch thing is what I'm thinking. Problem is that 1.they come from another country 2. There isn't alot of info on the web about them (I already did a brand search)..... BUT if they were POS they'd have negative ratings right????? Plus you'd be able to file a claim with eBay.

Comment

Yeah...im still gonna prolly try a set of them...even if they are no better than stock, they are still NEW at least. And i might be pleasently suprised. you never know.

Comment

Yeah...im still gonna prolly try a set of them...even if they are no better than stock, they are still NEW at least. And i might be pleasently suprised. you never know.
              True true. Ah well you know the drill. Full report on when you get them and test them out..... BTW are they rebuildable? I still thinking about what Mark said about if they're rebuildable or not

Comment

I do believe the add said that they were...but not for sure...id have to go back and look.

Comment

Keep in mind, Addy lives in that part of the world and has probably seen a few of these products first hand. I would check out the guys feedback on similar shocks pretty carefully, before biting the bullet....I suspect, at worst they won't be outright garbage, but perhaps won't be as durable as the top-notch suppliers, due to cheaper material etc....usually, the technology is directly lifted and reproduced.
                  Addy, could you please post a few pics or info on similar shocks from China?
                  Tony.
                  '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
                  Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

I think someone already traced these to the Phillipenes (sp)

Comment

Just check the following links. We have a lot of these sell at locally at Hong Kong.
                      I have a friend that he has a CB400 super four with these shocks. He was almost killed during a heavy turn with his friend on back. It was because the shock is not enough strong to hold the bike during turn.
                      二手電單車,提供最新電單車零件,二手電單車資訊

二手電單車,提供最新電單車零件,二手電單車資訊

Comment

Hrmmm sure enough! Guess that will do it for me, i'll be staying away. Welp...back to the drawing board..

Comment

What about some of these suckers. I'm pretty sure you're better off then with the other ones

And we're dealing with UJMs here. They're all copies of one another so I'm sure they'd work

Comment

Someone pointed those out to me at one point...good lookin save for two things...one, they are only 12.6 inches long...and two they are eye to eye mount...my bike is eye to clevis mount.

Comment

AH yes that would be a problem now wouldn't it hehe well I tried

Comment

Thats alright lil bro...I'll find something...i may just go with those 14.5 MDI's Kurt showed me. They're less than 100 bucks and he says they're stiff and he weighs the same as me. So that sounds pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                                X