No announcement yet.

Piggy back shocks on Ebay $169 BIN!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those also look the same as the ones in Addy's link... would be worth finding out more about them.

If I go with the progressives you could have my stock ones but they are also eye to eye....

Dan
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Thanks Dan, i really appreciate the offer. But im not entirely sure how i could mount eye to eye to a swingarm set up for clevis. I saw someone post about it not too long ago, and i havent seen an update since, but they just ran a bolt thru the eye of the shock and the eye on the swinger...Im not sure thats such a good idea, as not only does it offset the shock, which im not sure if that would have negative effects on handling, but also creates a shear point accross that bolt. With my heavy self on it plus the bikes own weight, spells disaster i would think...PAINFULL at that...lol

Comment

I think you could make up an adapter bracket fairly easily. My shocks are 13" & you said you wanted some extra length.....

Dan
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by rkubik View Post
          check out the new $49 cartridge emulators for 35 mm forks (which many GSs have):

That's about 1/3 the price of Race Tech emulators

Please note this is not my shop, no connection at all except as a soon-to-be customer
          You reckon those $49 cartridge emulators would work on a GS, My old Katana 1100 could sure use some and I have to pull the forks apart anyway so drilling the rods is all good?

Comment

Working...
          X