No announcement yet.

Best front caliper from GS's lineup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the heads up buddy. I found a caliper off of a (Bandit?????) that is just what I was looking for. It was a BIN or best offer and I submitted a price half of what he originally wanted and he still accepted. So now to pay for it and wait for it to come in...... I hope it isn't screwed.

Comment

Tone if you're reading this can you give me a heads up if I need to purchase a new master cylinder?????

Comment

Originally posted by Ironriot View Post
        Tone if you're reading this can you give me a heads up if I need to purchase a new master cylinder?????
        heres my thoughts ..... you have a 550L with single disk right ? i would think that the master cylinder off this would displace enough fluid to work a twin pot caliper ok, it wont be horrendous anyway thats for sure

what i'd do is give it a go before worrying about another master cylinder & if you decide to change a cylinder from any twin disc gs will work its even possible the cylinders are the same anyway, i did know all the bore sizes at one point but thats got lost in the mists of time

hope that puts your mind at rest mate :-D
        Last edited by Guest; 12-14-2007, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tone View Post
          heres my thoughts ..... you have a 550L with single disk right ? i would think that the master cylinder off this would displace enough fluid to work a twin pot caliper ok, it wont be horrendous anyway thats for sure

what i'd do is give it a go before worrying about another master cylinder & if you decide to change a cylinder from any twin disc gs will work its even possible the cylinders are the same anyway, i did know all the bore sizes at one point but thats got lost in the mists of time

hop that puts your mind at rest mate :-D
          Yeah single disk set up here. I was reading through 8track's post about changing the calipers and he said something about the single disc set up using a 14mm MC. Which is the same size the new bikes use I think so the way I figure I should be fine. Thanks anyways. I'll let you know how it all works out when it gets here and I get it mounted

Comment

Working...
          X