Vacuum Diagram Help PLEASE?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacuum Diagram Help PLEASE?!?

Ok so I'm getting ready to try starting my '77 GS550 after some extensive work and I just realized my Clymer manual is of no help when it comes to re-attaching my vacuum/fuel hoses. I'm completely lost so if someone could either draw me out something or show me a picture of their setup I would greatly appreciate it.

For a better mental picture, I just put my carbs back in, with nothing hooked up to them except intake boots, and I don't have my tank on, thats where I'm stuck.

Thanks in advance guys.

Vacuum lines are generally on the front of the carbs, ie the engine side, because they take vacuum from the engine.
    Fuel inlets are generally on the rear of the carbs, because the carb is an air/fuel rationing device. The fuel inlets on the carbs all will look identical, ie they will be the same diameter, length and location on the carb.
    The petcock has one vacuum line which when engine vacuum is applied opens the gas line when if it is in either the 'run' position or the 'reserve' position, and the gas line is always open in the 'prime' position. The larger brass outlet on the petcock is the fuel line, the other is the vacuum line.
    There are two vent pipes on the rear of the carbs, one between each pair of carbs. There is another vent pipe that runs from the top of the valve cover to the carbs or to the air cleaner. It is a crankcase breather tube.
    There is a ton of great info on all this onsite. It might help you to use the search feature.
    Good luck,
    S.

Comment

Vacuum line to the petcock (small hose) comes from the left side of #3 carb, the fuel from the petcock (big hose) goes into the "T" between #2 and #3.
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
        Vacuum line to the petcock (small hose) comes from the left side of #3 carb, the fuel from the petcock (big hose) goes into the "T" between #2 and #3.
        Thanks man I really appreciate the help. I've certainly learned a valuable lesson: Take pictures or mark hoses BEFORE disassembly.

Comment

Working...
        X