Big Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Block

was wondering if you can punch the stock cylinders sleeves out of a stock block and bore and install larger sleeves for 1400cc plus pistons...........or do you need a aftermarket block

Aftermarket block, 3.5" sleeves and bore the cases. Basic stuff. I have been using MTC with very good results.

Comment

You can't RELIABLY go bigger than 1327 on a stock block with sleeves changed & I personally don't like to resleeve stock blocks. If I have to use a stock block I will get an 1150 block & go 3 mm bigger for a 1229. You can get REALLY good power from a 1229 if you do it right. I have gotten over 180 at the rear wheel with 1229s in the past. Good luck whatever you do but I am a fan of 1400 & bigger! Ray.

Comment

call MTC and go 1570cc, thats what i like. richie

Comment

Not to hijack this, but could anyone tell me where to go/whats availible for 2 valve big bores/blocks? I am thinking of building a large displacement sport tourer from either my '80 1000G or the '82 1100GL motor I have. I've tried the search feature but there is very little info on the big bore shafties. Please feel free to PM me so we dont clutter up this board. Thank you, any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Jd you try going to the Wiseco site? I dunno if they make stuff for shafties, but i do know they make bore kits for the 750 and 1000 2v motors.

Comment

Yeah, wiseco has 2 overbores listed for the 2valve thou.
              But I didnt find anything for the 2valve 1100.
              There are two huge displacement setups that are for vortex prostock heads. I dont know much bout drag parts though. I'm thinking 1168 kit in the 1100GL or if I could find a sweet deal on a siutable ape block mebbe try something in the 12-13 range. I'd also convert to a microsquirt controlled FI system.

Comment

How about for a 750???

Is there anything bigger than a stock GS 850 block available for a two valve 750?
                Wiseco only lists 844ccs...
                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
                X