No announcement yet.

V&H Sidewinder Pro Pipe - 4:1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=salty_monk;745613]What's the core differences between this & the street megaphone?
    Is it louder & more free flowing or??

Anyone fitted one?

I have one on the way after a late night Ebay session when I wasn't paying proper attention.... I also have some replacement Jardine mufflers which should mount up to the stock headers.... Going to work out which fits best with my side cases & then move all the rest on when I'm ready but I just want to check I haven't made a cock up getting the Pro pipe! 8-[

Thanks,
    pro is for racing-straight thru, no ground clearance as in go straight ahead only- sometimes chassis mods usually required to hang it
    street is up swept ,baffled and offers oil drain plug access

Comment

Thanks..... Looks like I can "upgrade" to a street pipe for a total cost of $320... This is about the same price if I'd bought from Z1 or similar so I don't feel too sore (although I could have got it for $20 or so less).

Think I'll probably do that, at least I'll then have a pipe I can use or one I can move on if I decide not to use it. I'll keep it in stock for 6 months & then sell it on EBAY as NOS, bound to make a packet then

The guy at the shop seems really helpful so far. I'll put up a post blowing their trumpet if this all works out....
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Wait - are you paying someone to swap exhausts? Come to my house and we can do it for free...

Comment

No.... I'll do the work myself, it's just for parts.

I guess that will teach me to look at Ebay in the early hours of the morning

Thanks a lot for the offer though. Where are you? Maybe we can go riding sometime?

Dan
          1980 GS1000G - Sold
          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

90039 - i was hoping to go carb syncing with you guys tomorrow but I have a leaky petcock, bad valve cover gasket and valve adjustment to deal with right now...

Comment

Working...
            X