cheap kill switch solution with push pull throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheap kill switch solution with push pull throttle

Here is what I did with a stock gs kill switch to make it fit with a push pull throttle assembly that is a mush with all flatslide carbs.

Pull the casing apart and you will see the throttle housing area can be taken off. There is a double wall so if you are careful the throttle area can be taken off and it looks good to go.

The one in the pics was very old one and has been repainted with flat primer.

Its just a alternative to buying and wiring a smaller killer from some other bike.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

How about a push pull throttle off a 77-79 gs750. Has a kill switch on it. I took the push cable off. Works alot nicer with just a pull cable on smoothbores.

Comment

That will work too but this way you don't have to search for another part. Personally I think the two parts look better than one combined unit.

Also, I don't think the plug will work on the early 80's bike so there will be wiring to do.

This is just a simple easy way to get the job done.

AND ABOUT REMOVING THE PUSH..........NOT a good idea. The smoothy's have a lot of vacuum and tend to stick WIDE OPEN. I have 7 bolts and a plate in my shoulder to prove it.

70 torino ehhhhhh..... I had a 70 GT and put in a 351 cobra engine out of a pantera. c6 tranny with shift kit 4000 stall converter, B&M ratched shifter, cobra valve covers, shaker hood, dual mallery, huge hookers. My sisters boyfriend paced me and said she was doing 147mph. NOt too bad for a 2ton beast. I wrote her off shortly after that.................ooooooooooops
      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Working...
      X