Hand made Japanese stainless race pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hand made Japanese stainless race pipe

Ok, so I’m working on a café conversion of my GS1100 and while its going slow (mostly because of unpredictable cash flow) I have installed ace bars, some nice Rizoma grips, GSXR-600 front brake res/lever, clutch lever and ZX14 rear sets, but wasn’t having any luck finding a nice exhaust that wasn’t a V&H, until I stumbled onto this on eBay. I bought it pretty much on sight (a little impulsive but visually it looked perfect for my project soooo….) I’m just wondering if anyone has seen these before or know much about their history, performance, noise lvl, or jetting. Hopefully with some upcoming downtime I can get my seat unit carved and glassed and the tank sanded and then get some pic up!

(this isn't the actual system I bought, mine has a slight dent in one of the headers and a scratch on the pipe but otherwise they're identical)
    Last edited by Guest; 01-11-2008, 12:21 AM.

Sweet pipe, spotted that on eBay too. Post some pics when you get it mounted.

Comment

I saw those on eBay too, a little out of my price range though :shock:. My uncle was able to get the dents out of his stainless supertrapp exhaust by making a metal rod and bending it just right to fit down the exhaust. Then push with the rod and apply some head and maybe a few gentle taps with a hammer.

Post some pictures of the bike!

Nick

Comment

I actually held that pipe in my hands - I bought a V&H from the seller and talked to him about it.

He's got a crazy Katana...

Anyway, he told me in person that the silencer is a semi-race piece. It's LOUD. The welding and everything looks top-notch. You could use just about any sportbike cannister with it.

Comment

...saw that, too...didn't so much mind the $, but I've still got some other potential expenses on my project, and I've already got an exhaust. It's just not this cool.

Comment

Wow!

Were can I get that pipe? Was there only one on ebay? How much did it go for? My cheap pipe sucks and I dont want to go vance and hines because of the ground clearence issues, especially since my bike will be lower with the new katana wheel setup. How easy would it be to buy a new vance and hines pipe and get it "adjusted" by someone who has the proper tools? What Im trying to say is can I buy a new pipe and get it re-positioned /re-routed somehow with a special mandrel bender tool at a shop? Then just re coat it black to hide scorch marks.

Comment

I'm not sure if these guys: http://www.excite.co.jp/world/englis...=JAEN&wb_dis=2 sell for Suzukis, but I believe that Kawi stuff can be adapted. The person to ask is Jeff Saunders at Z1 Enterprises. He also sells Suzuki stuff, and he imports the WinPMC stuff.
              These systems go for about $1,000 or so, I think. Jeff can give a more definitive answer.
              Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

Comment

That one was made by Advantage:

The guy who does the H2 project imports them.

You won't like the new price, though!

Comment

Working...
                X