No announcement yet.

Kichigai GS1100ESD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Schlyme and Bad Kaw for the nice comments about my bike! It's been a blast to ride with the new suspension. So far its been running pretty good!

I still try to take it out for a ride even if it is a short one at least once a week.

Here is another picture that was taken of me and my GS1100ESD not too long ago in the Malibu canyons near the Rock Store!

Take care,

Kich

Comment

Hi Kichigai,

That is a great machine you have and very well documented. I would like to do this experimentation with interchanging parts from other bikes. The combination of upgrades and refinements yet keeping the integrity of the original streamline concept (of the bike) is the way to go. I can see your passion of this rare machine and the pride of ownership.

I would like to meet you and see your machine when I'm in the LA area
      and viceversa if you are here in the SF bay area. You've got great
      ideas and I do appreciate your cordial sharing of your experiences on
      this thread. The original "esd" appearance package Suzuki introduced in
      1983 was quite unique, and truly enhanced the "e" model. It looks very
      different than any GS model before it and even so today after 26 years. . This is the ultimate project bike to refine because of its rarity. It is
      even more rare than the GS1150s !!

All of your modifications were finely executed and well thought-out.
      These upgrades are essential in keeping pace with the 21st century
      for handling and performance characteristics and staying aligned with
      the old-school tradition of a a true classic. Your bike is even more impressive with these refinements.

Kichigai, thanks again

Comment

That's a pretty eloquent post; and I have to agree. Fantastic execution on 'beefing' the suspension properly, yet keeping the visual personality of that very particular and specific bike. So, you've stayed true to the key features that make the '83 1100ES "what" it is, and yet turned it into your bike, all the while making certain 'now-inferior' parts, superior. Great bike! Hope my 1150 gets close to that.
        -KR

Comment

Jadesystem,

Just give me a shout if you ever come to LA. Would be great to meet you too and to go for a ride. I have two bike for such ocassions!

Bad Kaw, the same offer still stands for you too! I still wonder if you were the mechanic who worked on my bike like 10 years ago and rejet my carbs? Would be funny if you did! I'm no master mechanic but if I can you both with any question, give me a shout! Kich

Comment

Oh! I'm totally flattered, but alas no, that would have been "Paul". And Paul is indeed a super genius with the wrenches. Paul studied under Kaz Yoshima(!!!) and was completely full of information that I was just amazed by. Paul also wrenched for Graves Motorsports and Team Valvoline Suzuki (both for their race teams). Since that day I moved back to Kansas, finished grad school, married, kids, ...you know the drill. A few years after me Paul moved, met the girl, got married, had a kid...so it may have been contagious...you didn't have any kids, did ya??? just kidding.
            So, again, I'm flattered that you mistake me for the 'uber-guru' of all things mechanical, but alas, it was Paul...wish I had that knoweldge, but I'm innocent ... unfortunately.

Thanks for the invite. We get out there from time to time; hopefully I can bring my GS out next time and give you a call...meet ya at the Rock Store for a soda??? It'll be on me!

-KR

PS> Paul actually went with me to buy the old GS ... back in the day.

Comment

Working...
            X