No announcement yet.

Kichigai GS1100ESD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The next chalange was the connector for the ignition switch. The orginal connector for my GS1100 had a green connector with small terminals. The neweer GSXR had a white terminal connector with larger terminals which would not work. Note: the stock ignition switch had two closed contacts when it was switch to the on position. The GSXR switch only has one!

Here is a picture of the stock ignition showing the 4 wires: orange, red, gray and brown and the back side of the switch.

Here is a picture of the back side of the GSXR switch! As you can see, the wire colors were the same.

The easy fix was to cut the existing pigtail from the old ignition switch and to resolder it onto the new switch. I has to use a meter to also identify which terminal gave me two contact switch with the key in the on position.

Comment

This is a picture of the new GXSR ignition with the old GS ignition pig tail.

After all of the modifications, the ignition and the steering latch worked perfectly! \\/

Comment

Buddy, your on a posting frenzzzzzzy......
        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

I know Katman, but Im just trying to document everything to help anyone attempting to do this swap in the future! I hope it comes in handy someday! :-D
          Last edited by Guest; 02-16-2008, 04:42 AM.

Comment

keep it up........its all good
            KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Man, you are doing one hell of a job on this and I can not wait to see how it comes out because I just know it's going to look awesome. Props to you!!!

Comment

GSXR front into a GS850

This front end was from a GSXR 750, 740mm came with a 120 x 60 x 17 tyre. Changed the tyre for a 120 x 70 x 17 and it made a big difference to the ride height.
                Steering is very much quicker than a braced GS front and ...I think...looks the part!
                Goood luck with the fork swop.

Comment

hi Kichigai this probably dosen't apply to you if you've fitted & tested your new ignition & it works but are you aware that some of the later gsxr & all (i think) bandits ignitions are fitted with a resistor which causes starting problems when changing onto a different bike

electrics are not my strong point so maybe its a resistor needs fitting i'm not 100% sure but thought it worth mentioning in case of problems 8-[

Comment

Originally posted by kingofvenus View Post
                    You're speedo is gonna be way off with the stock unit, I went from a 16 to a 17 and it is way off.
                    I swapped out my stock suspension for gsxr stuff...used earlier stuff, though. My speedo is more accurate than before; if you use the GS speedo drive, it will be off more... but if you just buy a gsxr speedo drive, and speedo cable, it'll be fine. Looks fantastic, by the way!!
                    Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that! :)

Comment

you can't use a gs speedo drive with a gsxr wheel..

using the early 90's speedo drive, or a bandit 1200 drive or RF 900 or any other suzuki speedo that fits the wheel you are using gives you accurate speed.
                      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Bohane View Post
                        LOve the Trike Chris.
                        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Katman and Longav8r, thanks for the complements! Much appreciated! :-D

All you forum members are my inseration! \\/

Tone, I metered everything out when I did the ignition swap and all went well. I even fired my bike up the other day so I dont think the ignition will be an issue, but thanks!

Cassusy086, Im using the GSXR 750 speedo drive and have ordered a new speedo cable for a Bandit 1200 so I think all will be fine. Appreicate you chimeing in though!

Chris, dude your trike looks hot!! Well done! \\/

Comment

My speedo cable for a bandit 1200 came in today which I have installed and fit perfectly! Thanks Katman.

I also installed a new 530 17 tooth 13mm offset sprocket today which took care of the chain to frame rubbing problem. Here is the link if anyone is interested.
                            This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.
                            Last edited by Guest; 02-26-2008, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Ok, I have some updated pictures! I finally got the stock bars, gauges and controls remounted back on the 1995 GSXR 750 front forks. I even got all of the electrical hooked back up and fired her up! It was a nice to hear her back running again. Just a few more thing to do and she will be back on the road. Check it out!

Comment

Seen this thread in the past

But now I'm studying it closer and picking up about 1/4 after seeing RJ's GSXR mods to his GS1100EZ.

My GS1100ED is not much different from your GS100ESD so keep it up; you seem to be in the home stretch.

Posplayr

Comment

Working...
                                X