X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful Job!!!!:-D

Comment

Nice Job

It is extremely valuable for you to put all these details into your thread is stead of a big "look what I done". Thanks for the extra effort. :-D

If you don't document it on the way, then you usually forget all of the options that you had to consider when "customizing".

Posplayr

Comment

Question: for those who have also done the 750 front GSXR fork upgrade, did you use the bearings from a GSXR or GS? Just wanted to make sure!

Comment

For those that might be interested in doing the GSXR front end upgrade, I learned from Katman that the GSXR steering stem bearing and dust shields are a direct fit. Thanks Rob for the Info! \\/

Comment

kichigai,
            Any progress to tell (and of course post pictures) about???
            Great work; good idea coming here for advice, eh??? I'm doing the same thing for the same reason...these guys do know their stuff.

Comment

Hi Kichigai,

I too have this same year model bike and color scheme. Suzuki only
              made these for one year with only one color scheme and are quite
              rare. I would like to do the mods that you are doing, and yes, to also
              keep the bike "old school" because I am that age considered "old
              school".

I believe our machines dictate our personalities and individualism. This
              bike has more instrinisic value than just any other bike I've owned.
              It personifies "me" and fits more into my age group. The newer bikes are for the younger generation with the full plastic body and other "tricks
              and treats", but I'm more "old school" with the "naked" look. Our older bikes have character and are appreciated hat sets them apart from
              newer generation bikes. And they are not throw-away bikes as similar
              to todays consumer electronics.

This bike has taken me to Yosemite and Reno 3x, and the entire length
              of the California Goldrush Highway 49 2x. It has been very reliable, and would like to keep this bike for many years to come.

This bike is so unique aside from it rarity that it is essential to keep it.
              Your project only validates this notion. I'll be reading your comments on this thread for additional advice and to see how your project is coming along. I like this bike more than the GS1150 which I hardly ever ride.

About how much in cost are for your add-ons for everything regarding your modification project ??

Kichigai, thanks in advance,

KT
              San Jose, CA :-D\\/

Comment

Jadesystem, I totally agree with you! In short, our old GS has character and is making a come back! I love riding it and people often come to me to say that it looks cool then get blown away when I tell them that it is 25 years old. I also agree that our bikes do dictate our personalities and individualism.

As for my project build cost, I will have to figure this out and get back to you since I havent been keeping track. I just hope I dont scare myself when I add everything up! Haha!

In the mean time, Here are a few recent picture that I took mof my project.

Last edited by Guest; 05-27-2008, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Comment

^^^

Awesome work! Love the looks! Taken it for a spin yet?

Old school muscle meets newschool tires, brakes and handling.

Comment

Yea buddy! Just like your bike!!

I took it to work today on our busy 405 fwy! It handles great! The brakes were a big improvement too!

Comment

Hi Kichigai,

Thanks for your updated pics. Wow, it looks excellent as far as
                        radical improvements over the stock configuration. Pretty much
                        upgrades for the 21st century, yet maintaiining the characteristics,
                        charm, and the design of yesteryear.

When the time comes, I will go over the whole bike and perform
                        the upgrades you have partaken. It is the least I can do to enjoy
                        our machines that give us pleasure. And to increase the performance
                        and handling characteristics of today's motorcycle technology yet
                        retaining that "old school" charisma.

Kichigai, thanks again,

KT :-D\\/

Comment

I like the look of the -83 ES bike. Here is a picture of my bike. It's a 1168 with ported -91 GSXR head and a lot of other modifications.

/Ingvar

Comment

Originally posted by IngvarB View Post
                            I like the look of the -83 ES bike. Here is a picture of my bike. It's a 1168 with ported -91 GSXR head and a lot of other modifications.

/Ingvar
                            Ignvar, nice looking 83! You must have been cooking down the track seeing that your front tire was not even on the ground! Ok, what kind of exhaust is that?? I dont seem to have anymore ground clearance issues now that I installed the Racetech fork springs but you dont seen to have any problems with that with your setup! Sweet!:-D

Comment

Both these bikes are beautiful .. Ignvar more pics please :-D

Comment

Originally posted by kichigai View Post
                                Ignvar, nice looking 83! You must have been cooking down the track seeing that your front tire was not even on the ground! Ok, what kind of exhaust is that?? I dont seem to have anymore ground clearance issues now that I installed the Racetech fork springs but you dont seen to have any problems with that with your setup! Sweet!:-D
                                Yes, the picture is from one of the (amature) stunt&street events arranged here in Stockholm now and then during the summer.
                                The exhaust is a Cope stepped prostock pipe with a V&H megaphone (but during the stunt&street events I use a GSXR 1000 silencer due to the 103db limit).
                                I can upload some more pictures later on. Here is a film from one of the events. I'm in the first race and also seen at 3:20 min in a short scene with two Busas.

/Ingvar

Comment

Working...
                                X