hows the MAC 4-2 on an 1100 sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hows the MAC 4-2 on an 1100 sound?

im curious what the MAC 4-2 exhaust for my 82gs1100L would sound like. i want something with a little more rumble and sound to it over my stock exhuast and im not sure if that aftermarket exhaust would be worth the 350 dollars. thanks.

anyone have any opionions? if not, are there any safe modifications i can do to the original baffles in the stock exhaust to get a little more roar out of it? it already runs a little rich so i dont think it would hurt anything.

Comment

These are currently offered on ebay by member Salty Monk. Typically, Jardine pipes have a deeper sound than stock, without being real loud...probably better quality than a Mac as well. Check that they will fit your model...perhaps Salty could confirm.

Tony.
      Last edited by Mysuzyq; 03-12-2008, 01:21 AM.
      '82 GS1100E

Comment

ok thanks. one last thing, has anyone have any experience on removing the baffles on a stock exhaust. i plan on putting a new exhaust on anyway and i wanted to have some fun before i take it off. im just not sure what the entire baffle looks like inside the pipe.

Comment

There's a guy on here dying for stock exhaust. Check the wanted section http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122341

I would say if your really itching for change, sell the stock exhaust to him and buy yourself a quality pipe set up, get youself some POD's, and a complete jet kit and have at it.
          Last edited by Guest; 04-09-2008, 01:19 PM.

Comment

only problem with that is i dont have the money to spot for an exhaust and i also dont want to be without a rideable bike if i took it off and shipped it before i bought a new one.

new question though. are there any muffler setups for my 82 gs1100L. my headers are in good shape, so i really only need the mufflers that have two pipes going into one. iv seen a set of mac mufflers like that on ebay, but there for a 80 gs1100. heres the link. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuk...spagenameZWD1V

Comment

Working...
            X