Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 inch rim

Hi,
    Second post and I'm already after information.
    I have a Katana 750s2 that I am uprating its in a hundred bits at the moment but I have lined up an 1100 motor for it and some forks from a GSXR 750 k5.
    Also a 1200 bandit arm but want to stay twin shock.
    Yesterday I got these only trouble is the rear is a 6 inch rim so my question is has anyone else fitted a rim of this size to their GS and if so what did you have to do to make it work.

You will need an offset front sprocket, 520 drivechain and sprockets, frame relief in the chain path, it will be a bit of a headache but is doable.
    Best bet however is to try to find a 17"x5.5" rim as it fits much easier.

Dink

Comment

A 5.5 would have made life easier, However these fell into my lap and Dymags are mega expensive so I am determined to make them fit.
      The bike is all in bits and the frame is due to have some bracing work so the frame relieving is not such an issue.
      Guess I just have to go for it.
      Once the rear wheel is central what size offset front sprocket do you think I'll need?

Comment

Steve, Check out my GS1100 project bike currently in progress. I too went with a GSXR 750 inverted forks, Bandit 1200 swingarm fitted for dual shocks but with a 5.5 inch rim with a 180 tire. http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=118949

Comment

I have a 6" Busa wheel on my GS > Im using a 630 chain with a 3/8" offset sprocket and a 1/8' washer = 1/2" offset

Comment

Hi Larry,

May I ask what swingarm you are now using? And How long the arm is?

Addy

Comment

Originally posted by LarryT View Post
              I have a 6" Busa wheel on my GS > Im using a 630 chain with a 3/8" offset sprocket and a 1/8' washer = 1/2" offset
              Did you alter the wheel/sprocket carrier at all.

Comment

Working...
              X