New Fuse Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Fuse Box

Thinking about putting a new fusebox into my 1980 GS850. Has anyone ever done this and recommend and in particular. I want to get away from the glass fuses and put in a blade fuse box.

Justin

I have not yet had the need to do it, but I do know where you can get the parts.
    Electrical Connection has a universal model for about $45 that has 6 outputs with blade-type fuses.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I use the clip together plastic fuse holders from maplins which means you can make up a fuse box for any amount of fuses or even a couple of seperate ones if space is tight

i also use the resettable trip type fuses when setting things up & working stuff out but find they tend to trip off in normal road use on a bike

Comment

Originally posted by Burk Ferden View Post
        Thinking about putting a new fusebox into my 1980 GS850. Has anyone ever done this and recommend and in particular. I want to get away from the glass fuses and put in a blade fuse box.

Justin
        I have a nice plastic 6-fuse block that has crimp-on connectors. It's brand new with the connectors, a LOT less than $45. PM me if you're interested.

Comment

try these, Uk base so may be expensive for the US but good for electrical parts http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.e...e/homepage.php

WEZ

Comment

I use the following parts from advance auto parts, Painless Wiring Fuse Block: 4 Circuit Fuse Block with Terminals Part Number: 30002 on my 79 gs750e. Worked out good

Comment

Go to any auto wrecking yard (junk yard) armed with a sharp pair of cutters and a phillips screwdriver. Pic any Japanese car produced in the last 20 years and 'go to town'. If you hunt about for a few minutes you'll find the exact shape and size that you are after. Probably cost you $5 (if that??).

Comment

Working...
              X