No announcement yet.

rearsets, fork baces, clip ons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant decide if I want a fork brace. I like the look of my chrome front fender and dont want to interupt it with the brace. But my front end does feel a little spongy.

Comment

When I had my GS1100E, it had a fork brace, but was causing handling problems when cornering. So I took it off and there was no more ill handling problems...so what does the fork brace do for you guys??

Comment

It's supposed to give more stability at speed....I've NEVER heard anyone attribute problems to running one.....you're the first....

Comment

I've heard that before. A fork brace that puts any stress on the forks at all (either pushing out or pulling in) will cause stiction in the front suspension and make it harsh over small bumps. If you run over a lot of small bumps in a corner the front end will be all over the place.

Some people even think that they hurt more than help, although when you're talking about 35-37mm forks like we are I just can't see it...

Originally posted by TurboChris View Post
          It's supposed to give more stability at speed....I've NEVER heard anyone attribute problems to running one.....you're the first....

Comment

Working...
          X