Anybody run clip on's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody run clip on's?

Being that I am tall with long arms......I always used to run the clubman handlebars back when I had my last GS1100E...liked the way they felt...but I could never afford clip on's....now that I just picked up a 82...anybody using them? 37mm correct?

Chris

Hey Chris, ive been tossing the idea around myself. You will have to do a bit of fanagling to get them to look good, consisting of either pushing your forks up thru the clamp about an inch, or ditching your stock headlight ears for some aftermarket smallies. Option one will allow you to install them OVER the top clamp, option two under. Frankly, unless you have access to a nice clean, barclampless top tree clamp, id go withthe over the clamp option for looks.

Fast from the Past has an Ebay store, with Tarrozi clipons (great product in my opinon) for 129 bucks. They have two styles, a high rise and a low rise, obviously the high rise are a bit taller so less hunching over.

Comment

Hmmmmm...bear with me here...If I push the forks up through the clamp an inch....I'm effectively lowering the front of the bike an inch..have I got that right? Think I might just go buy a set of clubmans and make sure I still like the riding stance like I used to....then maybe condsider clip ons.....just never really liked the superbike bars so much......

Comment

yeah you'll lose and inch. BUT it really doesnt effect stance all that much. Will quicken steering a touch. not much. Common mod on cafes, lowering the front end.

Comment

So......just loosen it up....let em come up as much as you need and tighten it back up? Sounds too easy...nice...if I still like the $25 clubmans....I just may have to upgrade to clip ons....Thanks

Comment

Well you may have to apply a little force to get them to come up, but yeah easy as pah If the clubmans leave you feeling a lil sore, try the high rise clipons, an in-between from superbike and clubman IMO.

Comment

mine are under the top tree and I have the stock ears
              it's a tight fit but it is done without ruining the trail value (lowering the trees)

that creates unusual handling and lessens ground clearance.

got to go out and snap a pik if you like to see.

telefix has the clip ons' as do other companies
              SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Yeah, I'd love to see it....do the empty bar mounts look odd just sitting there?

Comment

Originally posted by TurboChris View Post
                  Yeah, I'd love to see it....do the empty bar mounts look odd just sitting there?
                  The old bar mounts will go away. The clip-ons will set in their place.

Comment

The bar clamps stick up pretty high and can look kind of ugly when it's not being used for something. I'm working on going with clip ons, but I've choosen to get a spare triple tree and shave the bar mounts down and smooth it out. I'm going for the cafe look, so I want to keep it as clean as possible.

If you're not a big fan of spending $120 on supreme clip ons. You can pick up some descent ones up on www.mikesxs.com for $50. My friend uses them and he likes them.

Cheers

Comment

What do you mean? How are you getting rid of them? Can you email me that photo....it's too small to see any detail on the web...

Originally posted by ericzx7 View Post
                      The old bar mounts will go away. The clip-ons will set in their place.

Comment

Too bad.....the mikesxs.com site doesn't have them in 37mm for my GS,....

Comment

sorry it took 2 days

clip ons on my bike

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X