Drag Bar Cable Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drag Bar Cable Help

I replaced my stock bars with some drag types (about a four inch rear pull). My problem is when I hooked my cables back up, specifically my throttle cables, they're stiff due to the excess slack now. My question is does anyone have any advice as to a home fix, or if not, maybe somewhere that sells custom lengths that won't break the bank?

Put some DRYSLIDE in the cables. Take your cables apart and get some drislide lubricant from a bike shop and squirt that stuff in the cable and keep doing it until you see it come out the other side. This stuff works great. Try rerouting you cables,dragbars ae some times a pain to fit everything back on.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris V View Post
      Put some DRYSLIDE in the cables. Take your cables apart and get some drislide lubricant from a bike shop and squirt that stuff in the cable and keep doing it until you see it come out the other side. This stuff works great. Try rerouting you cables,dragbars ae some times a pain to fit everything back on.
      Thanks foir the advice man, would they have it at any auto parts store or do I have to go to the bike shop?

Comment

You may want to check these guys out too. They sell kits for making your own cables. That way you can get them to the right length that you need for your new bars.

Comment

Bike shops are the only place that I have found it.

Comment

Working...
          X