Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kawasaki Exhaust on a Suzuki? Can it be done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kawasaki Exhaust on a Suzuki? Can it be done?

OK guys, as you can see, I have had a number of post related to an exhaust for my GS700E. I have ordered a 12313 V&H SuperSport. That being said, I still want the megaphone exhaust. I have the megaphone, just no headers. The original part number was 12013. In talking with V&H Technical support, they have not been very helpful. If the part number is discontinued, they do not want to give any details about it. And getting them to answer port spacing questions is about impossible. So my question is this. I ordered a 12313 and it will fit. So would the 12013. The commonality is they end in 13. When I talked with V&H techical support, they mentioned part numbers and whether or not they were close. Well the KZ1000 megaphone is part number 13013. I think the first two digits 13 is for KAW. As are the first two digits 12 for Suzuki. Anyone have any thoughts that since the KAW pipes ends in 013, if it will fit the GS700/ 83-85 GS750?? I know, this sounds goofy, but I plan on trying every possible avenue. Thanks guys.

Kaw and Suzuki carbs have the same spacing so the exhaust may match up as well spacing wise. The problem may (or may not) be with the collar bolt pattern/spacing or headpipe diameter. I still have that gixxer header!! Equal length headpipes and all!!

Comment

That is interesting. Maybe I am getting closer. Thanks for the pipe offer. I bought a V&H Supersport Exhaust and it is on its way. If the headers line up with the megaphone, I may buy another and have it chromed. But if I can buy a new one, that would be cheaper than having one chromed.

Comment

Working...
      X