No announcement yet.

Roadracing 1100E's??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Note the different swingarms and the carbs The first picture has 33 CR 's and the second has 37.5 CR's. There were 2 of these team bikes,and they ran for about 6 years with various motor combinations. Pops Yoshimura and later Carry Andrews built motors for them. The team ran under Derale, Chevron, Suzuki, and Emgo sponsorships

Comment

Yup, the Kat has appeared at the Ontario show.

Originally posted by GER144 View Post
      Wes Cooley roadraced GS's for Yosh-Suzuki. Yes, the 8-valve GS1000 stuff, but he also ran a 4-valve Katana too;
      Tony.
      '82 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by HiSPL View Post
        I could be wrong but isn't this the original frame? All other tubes would be bracing.

I would have to pull my tank off, but I don't believe the two tubes shown go into the top of the steering head on the stock frame. I think they go to the bottom of the steering head and a third tube runs from the top of the steering head down into the middle of the two above and meets at a cross brace piece. This tube is the one that the tank straddles when it is mounted.

The tubes in that pic also seem to be spaced fairly widely apart all the way over the valve cover and I am sure mine don't do that, either. If they did, the tank wouldn't fit.

Mark

Comment

Now that you say that, I think you're right. This may be a handbuilt frame. It is a work of art if somebody built that from the ground up!

Comment

Originally posted by Mysuzyq View Post
            Yup, the Kat has appeared at the Ontario show.
            Tony.
            Here it is on the track.

Comment

Working...
            X