Cutch R&R on 1100e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cutch R&R on 1100e

The last motorcycle clutch I did was 20 years ago on one of my Kawi 750 triples.....they were dry and it was VERY self explanatory....remove cover..unbolt it all and take it out.....replace it the same order and put it back in....

Is it this easy in my 1100e? Anything special I need to know about before I go about changing my basket and clutch? I have a welded basket to replace the stocker....and I'm hoping that will aleviate some of the chatter I am getting.....

Chris

Just a couple of tips,

Putting the bike in high gear helps when removing the centernut and also make sure the clutch cover bolt around the 4-5 o'clock position is the right one, short one. A too long of a bolt will make contact with the outer lip of the basket.

I like to move the oil pump gear so that the notch is straight up and then I make a mark with a black marker on the inside of the basket where it's notch is located on the backside to help line it up.

OEM/FBG fibers work best
    Last edited by RacingJake; 02-10-2008, 11:06 PM.
    1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
    1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
    1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
    1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
    01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Great tips......thanks!

Chris

Comment

Gorrila Hub

I was probably bidding on the same hub till I found out I already had a HD basket. Along with that below, I think I might buy a new primary roller bearing as there is still a little play (0.040" at the hub diameter) wobble in the my hub even when tightened on the shaft. This is enough to make a deep sounding knock I'm sure.

* new OEM Carrier (#5 only $62.05)
        * new lock washers (#7)
        * 3 new OEM springs (#12 $2.01 each)
        * Oil seal (#26)
        * rubber cushion (#31)

* APE HD Clutch Hub NUT ($24.95)
        * Barnett HD Clucth Springs only

You may be interested in this link.

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.

Posplayr

Comment

Nice post.....how did I miss that? Thanks!

Comment

Chris, just bring it to my house with some Newcastles & I will walk you through it. You can even see what tools you might not have & need to get for the next time. Call me, Ray.

Comment

Thanks Ray, I just may take you up on THAT.......Im in the "budget planning" stage right now....but I think I just may have to take this bike to the next level......

Chris

Comment

Working...
              X