Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you guys find your GSXR front ends?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris Bohane View Post
    What is a NSFW ?
    Not Safe For Work

Comment

I'm very torn on whether to do it. I have a 1981 GS1000G. I do like the period look. I may just get better springs and see how much it helps. I already have progressive shocks on the rear.

Comment

Just picked up a complete 93 GSXR750 with bent valves for $500

I'll part out what I dont need for my 7-11 katana build and should come out ahead

Comment

Found mine on Ebay it was almost complete, I then found a Bandit wheel to match my rear and installed the front GSXR rotors, the only thing needed after that is the brake lines which I had planned on replacing anyway.

Comment

Front Ends?

You can find a '94-'95 GSXR 750 front end with wheel, brakes, calipers, axle, speedo drive and spacer in my garage for sale too. I like the 750's as the Showas are better performing than the Kayabas. The valving is more advanced. As to they being shorter, does it really matter that much? Maybe you really loose only an inch to 1.5" in the front but you can have them extended with modified damper rods. Now the newer GSXR stuff is really short. Only like 28". Be wary.
            But the older ones are not that hard to find. Buy mine.
            G
            sigpic1983 1100 Katana - soon to be turbo Busa powered.
            2007 GSXR1K-Sold-But not forgotten.
            Have 2X ZG14 engine's for '81 GS750E project.
            '82 GS750E frame is TITLED awaiting GSXR1127/12B engine and '81 1100E slowly being built.:eek:

Comment

I think I have a complete 954 triple with a Vortex upper
              Last edited by Guest; 12-21-2010, 11:20 AM.

Comment

I found the setup on my GS750 on Craigslist. I drove to Houston to pick it up. $450 for the front end with 6 pot calipers and stainless lines, (everything included except the fender), rear wheel, axle, brakes, lines. Got lucky and the forks were setup with racetech goodies for a 220lb rider. The second set of forks I bought from a fellow GSR member. Keep your eyes on Ebay and CL.

Like Katman said, I lost about 3" in ride height in the front, and I pushed the forks down in the trees as far as I safely could. Looks sooooo sweet though
                Last edited by Guest; 12-21-2010, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X