4into 1 on gs550l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4into 1 on gs550l

I have just fitted a new motad 4 into 1, lovely sound and looks well, cylinders 1 and 3 seem to be running a bit hotter as the pipe out of these is bluer compared to the other 2, what causes this and is it any harm

The Motad is a fairly 'benign' pipe in that it doesn't really affect any of your original settings - a straight replacement. So the pipe almost certainly hasn't changed things.

In my experience Motads also tend to blue fairly quickly around the collars - the chrome they use I guess.

However, if it is running hot it's worth checking for air leaks on your carb rubbers - airbox to carbs and carbs to head.

I take it the bike runs well otherwise?
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Originally posted by hampshirehog View Post
      The Motad is a fairly 'benign' pipe in that it doesn't really affect any of your original settings - a straight replacement. So the pipe almost certainly hasn't changed things.

In my experience Motads also tend to blue fairly quickly around the collars - the chrome they use I guess.

However, if it is running hot it's worth checking for air leaks on your carb rubbers - airbox to carbs and carbs to head.

I take it the bike runs well otherwise?
      Yea the bike runs grand, would carb balancing have antin to do with it

Comment

Can we see some pics? I love 550M's and we don't see many.

Comment

I was sure it said 550M when I first opened it?????????????????? I need glasses........................................... ...............and another drink.

Comment

Working...
          X