No announcement yet.

1983 GS1100ED Refurb turned Restore ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah...sort a closer, the 700 consumed alot of my time this past year and after I completed it I took a small hiatus and enjoyed some riding. With the holidays almost behind us , the 1100 is now on the front burner. I have been gathering parts like a pack rat.

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
      ah...sort a closer, the 700 consumed alot of my time this past year and after I completed it I took a small hiatus and enjoyed some riding. With the holidays almost behind us , the 1100 is now on the front burner. I have been gathering parts like a pack rat.
      Yea no need to push. When I was doing mine between the top end rebuilds and the GSXR conversion some of the Rallies were starting to feel like old time pushs for getting ready for flight tests. Always a bit stressful

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
        Yea no need to push. When I was doing mine between the top end rebuilds and the GSXR conversion some of the Rallies were starting to feel like old time pushs for getting ready for flight tests. Always a bit stressful
        Good times! ............................
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

You me and Bill need to go for a ride some where with the modified gs`s to scare the young guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris V View Post
            You me and Bill need to go for a ride some where with the modified gs`s to scare the young guys.
            Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            I think you just might scare me!
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

Well Bill coming to pick up his tank today. Weather is pretty good lately. How about later in the week?

Comment

Not any time soon Jim,in the future like summer time maybe.

Comment

Not any time soon Jim,in the future like summer time maybe.
                  Oh yeah, that snow and cold thing.

Comment

That's why I just fitted heated grips
                    1980 GS1000G - Sold
                    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

[QUOTE=salty_monk;1137484]That's why I just fitted heated grips

[/QUOT

Got studded and heated tires?

Comment

Wow. That is outstanding work. You have given me a goal to reach because this is pretty much what I want to do with mine. Can I bug you with some questions?

Comment

Originally posted by thijones View Post
                          Wow. That is outstanding work. You have given me a goal to reach because this is pretty much what I want to do with mine. Can I bug you with some questions?
                          Sure ; here is phase 2 (1st Gen GSXR) completed recently

Comment

Triple tree

so what are you saying use a GS 1150 triple tree and it will let me run both Dis with my GS1100 forks???????????????????

Comment

Bike

Your bike looks nice and that what I am trying to do

Comment

Working...
                              X