No announcement yet.

Cartridge emulators, RaceTech springs, anti-dive Q's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here ya go. I wonder if RT is letting this site "slide" with these emulators for some reason? They were all over ebay a few years ago in various sizes but none to be found now which had me thinking that that they might have taken some legal action.

They have a few other items on that page that may be good for us GSers. I ordered the 56mm long 8mm hex driver with this latest pair of emulators. I almost had to drill out two damper rod bolts on these GS550M forks, partially due to not having a good impact bit. (Hint, hit those suckers with a hammer and a punch before you try turning them out)

I might talk the new owner of this 450 into some fork gaiters too, they'd look nice on it.
    /\/\ac
    Last edited by Guest; 08-23-2010, 12:43 PM.

Comment

I have to wonder if these Harley emulator knock off's can be made to work on other 41mm forks.. At only $27 it might be worth a shot even if I had to mill them down a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by sschering View Post
        I have to wonder if these Harley emulator knock off's can be made to work on other 41mm forks.. At only $27 it might be worth a shot even if I had to mill them down a bit.

http://www.debrix.com/41mm-Fork-Damp...24-0361-vt.htm
        Nice find, I'd found those a few months ago but then lost the link. Looks like those should equate to an RT FEGV S3802 by application. The RT emulator is 31mm outside dia, 25mm step dia and 16mm height.

/\/\ac

Comment

For what its worth, my 84 Katana is essentially an 83 750E/85 700E/ESD, etc...
          It carries 37mm forks, just like my 82 Kat 1000. The 84 forks look identical to an 1150E's forks.
          Don't know if this answers anyones questions, tho....

Comment

I wonder if the 41mm ones might be able to be turned down easily to fit our 37mm forks... certainly a great price.

For that price I might buy a set to see.

Sure it will be easier to adapt the 35mm ones though.....
            1980 GS1000G - Sold
            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I know this is an ancient thread but...

Did anyone happen to take a screenshot of phatperformance.com's Race Tech valve listings when they showed the dimensions of each part number? The site no longer does and I haven't turned up the information anywhere else.
              The sad thing is that I know >I< have the screenshot I'm looking for but apparently I didn't name it anything useful. I've got all my old hard drives dumped out into my RAID so I know the image is in there but so far I haven't been able to find it. It was very useful in trying to figure out which valves would fit unlisted applications.

If I dig it up I'll post it here but if you beat me to the punch or find the info someplace else please PM me.

-Mac

Edit: Sometimes I think I should just start out asking the stupid questions first... It's like looking around for 20 minutes to find your car keys, finally asking the GF if she's seen them and noticing the keys on the table as you finish the question. I found the info I was looking for in Race Tech's site about two minutes after I posted this.
              Last edited by Guest; 03-16-2013, 12:53 PM.

Comment

just saw it yesterday, hang on....

on this page: http://racetech.com/page/id/56

"cartridge emulator sizing and application chart" button.

this what you looking for?
                1983 GS 1100 ESD :D

Comment

Originally posted by greg78gs750 View Post
                  just saw it yesterday, hang on....

this what you looking for?
                  Kind of although I think that just links to an .xls file which doesn't do me any good without installing something to read it. The link I put at the the edit in my last message has a text version anyone can use. Thanks though, I'm sure that will help someone out!

-Mac

Comment

yours is much more condensed and readable! thnx!

greg
                    1983 GS 1100 ESD :D

Comment

Working...
                    X