Aftermarket Simple Install Gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket Simple Install Gauges

Id like to run an oil pressure guage and oil temp gauge in my race car that runs a gs1100. Im looking for something that sets up pretty easy and doesnt cost a million dollars.

Anyone have ideas
    Chris,

GSer Renobruce sells a turnkey VDO oil temperature gage that will work on your GS1100, might have to extend the wiring. He also sells a VDO Oil pressure gage setup . . .
    1979 GS1000E (44 Yrs), 1981 GPz550
    Departed: 1970 Yamaha R5A, 1971 R5B, 1975 Honda XL250, 1983 Suzuki PE175, 1983 CB1100F, 1983 BMW R100RS, 1992 ST1100

Comment

thank you, i will look him up

Comment

Since there is a gauges thread.... I want to install a voltmeter on mine. All I have been able to find are performance auto ones that are huge. 1" or 1.5" diameter would be perfect. Anybody ever seen one?

Comment

Originally posted by doctorgonzo View Post
          I want to install a voltmeter on mine.
          A lot of us are using this little gizmo.....

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
            A lot of us are using this little gizmo.....

Where would someone find this?

Comment

Originally posted by GSJake View Post
              Where would someone find this?
              After seeing that I thought DUH! LCD (or LED) instead of a mechanical gauge. I found several, but nothing as nice as that with the clock and the temperature gauge. I'd be interested in knowing as well.

Comment

Thats one place. I got mine across the street at the slowzuki dealer. $25. Not a bad deal but remember these things are not water proof. A plastic zip lock bag or something might work if your riding in the rain. Mine is on a connector so if its raining Ill toss it in my bag.
                82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

wow that is a nice little doo dad.

Comment

what is needed to hook these up?

Comment

Read this: http://www.bbburma.net/HowTo/TimeVol...Gauge_Install/

Everything you need to know. However, there will probably be some differences in wiring, so you'll want to double check everything. That article was written for more modern GS500 bikes
                      Last edited by Guest; 04-04-2008, 11:15 PM.

Comment

well like he said... we have a gauges thread... any way to get a gas gauge on my 79 GS550? or am i just destined to guess?

Comment

Does your bike have the internals for one? (ie a fuel gauge sending unit?)

Comment

nope... just one hole for the gas to go in and another for it to go out

Comment

Working...
                            X