Gs550L Gas Mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs550L Gas Mileage

Still working on mine, but was wondering what kind of fuel economy on the highway these things get. Mine will be bone stock, but tuned up.

what year please
    what specific model

Comment

it's in his signature

i have the same question, but for a '79 550. i just don't know what the model letter is (any idea how i find out?)

Comment

Around fifty, with everything perfect. It depends on everything it depends on.
        All the little mis adjustments add up, as do all the little cracks on the throttle.
        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I see about 50 on mine. As low as 48 and as high as 52 depending on air temp, wind, etc. Mostly highway driving. It's a stock machine and kept well tuned.

Comment

Thanks. I bought it for an econo beast on long trips. I went to chicago and back (500 ) miles on my Virago 250 once. Got 75mpg, but it sure sucked!

Comment

Originally posted by Adler45 View Post
              Thanks. I bought it for an econo beast on long trips. I went to chicago and back (500 ) miles on my Virago 250 once. Got 75mpg, but it sure sucked!
              It didn't suck gas !

Comment

I get about 40, mostly highway (70mph), but I am almost positive it's in desperate need of a tune.

Comment

My '86 550e averages about 47mpg. And that's just normal riding, not going slow and not racing around, and it was totally stock at that time.

Comment

My 1980 GS550L is very well tuned and I'm a big 'ol 6'2" nearly 300lb man. When I ride her I can get between 43-52 mpg. Yeah I know... it's amazing!

Comment

My 81 550t Gets right at 50 on the highway at 70mph.

Comment

Working...
                      X