No announcement yet.

Chef1366

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Say Bill, what can you do with oem carbs needle jets and the needles go bad? Suzuki don't carry them and jet kits don't have them either.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Williams View Post
      Say Bill, what can you do with oem carbs needle jets and the needles go bad? Suzuki don't carry them and jet kits don't have them either.
      What year and model?
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

IF done right, GREAT mod. I still have factory exhaust with the pods and a dyna jet kit on my GS1000. Not only is the bike scary fast, from a distance it sounds like a hot rod V-8!

Comment

Originally posted by doctorgonzo View Post
          IF done right, GREAT mod. I still have factory exhaust with the pods and a dyna jet kit on my GS1000. Not only is the bike scary fast, from a distance it sounds like a hot rod V-8!
          In this case I think it's safe to say it was done right. Compared to the way the bike used to run, the thing now feels like it's got a NOS kit and no issues to speak of. I think "my arms must be two inches longer" (LMAO< Bill) just from riding it for a few days! :shock::-D

Comment

I let the PO take it for a ride the other day, blew his mind "It's not even the same bike!"

Comment

It's a 82 1100e

Comment

Originally posted by Don Williams View Post
                It's a 82 1100e

If you can't find any carbs for a 16 valve 1100 (34mm) they will have the needle jets you need. They have to be from a 16 valve.

Why not go with a Dynojet kit.
                How do you know the needle jet is bad?
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by RJz1100E View Post
                  I sent my carbs to Bill over the winter so he could clean and rebuild them. He also jetted for pods. Today I put the carbs back on my bike with K & N pods and OMG! What a difference! He also nailed the jetting perfectly. I already had a V & H 4/1 street exhaust on it. I've got some decel popping to get rid of. But no big deal. The bike is a beast now. No hesitation, it's massive power on demand, All I have to do is twist the throttle and it's all there all the time! And it sounds even more badass than before.
                  Bill, you da man! Tonight I drank too many frosty ones but...Tommorrow I ride!!!! This thing is a fire breathing dragon!!!
                  gday mate, if the jets feel right and its only popping on decel, turn your mixture screws out 1 turn, as its leaning out on the over run, regards.

Comment

Gday back atcha mate! Thank you for the advice. That is exactly what the Chefinator told me to do also.

Rich

Comment

Working...
                    X