Gs750-1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs750-1100

Well here we go, just picked up a 1980 GS750E 19,000 miles top ends of the motor,the owner was going to fit new gaskets but never did, so I got a good deal on the bike, then I was looking on Craigslist GS1100 engine for sale $400.00, a bit much I thought, well I called the guy, he says the engine was built by Vance and Hines, no paperwork to prove it, but as we talk more I find out it comes with RS36 carbs and it has dyna ignition and coils, So I'm thinking it must be worth it just for the carbs, so of I go to get it, well when I get there he tells me it comes with a complete extra engine all apart, now I have a bike, and 3 engines and a big smile on my face. So I may as well go all the way and put GSXR forks wheels and brakes on etc etc, so the project begins, pictures to follow soon.
    Anyone want a windjammer for $25.00.

Anyone want a windjammer for $25.00
    Depends where you are located, I'll take it.

Sounds like an awesome project. Pictures are always welcome, even if its not completed. Im interested in seeing what that V&H engine looks like personally.

Comment

750-1100

Ok so I now have some parts coming, GSXR 1100 front end, GSXR1100 rear wheel, GSXR foot pegs and brackets, GSXR1000 swing arm and shock.
      So now I'll need some help, anyone fit any of these parts and if so what did you have to do.
      Anyone know if the 1100 fits without me needing any other parts???
      I'm in San Diego for the guy that maybe wanted the wind Jammer

Comment

Originally posted by stator View Post
        Ok so I now have some parts coming, GSXR 1100 front end, GSXR1100 rear wheel, GSXR foot pegs and brackets, GSXR1000 swing arm and shock.
        So now I'll need some help, anyone fit any of these parts and if so what did you have to do.
        Anyone know if the 1100 fits without me needing any other parts???
        I'm in San Diego for the guy that maybe wanted the wind Jammer
        Check out my thread below. I did a GSXR conversion and took a bunch of picture for everyone to see. http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...432#post749432

Comment

Working...
        X