83 750e mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 750e mods

Could someone point me in the direction of a thread or site which would help me find which parts are interchangeable on my bike. I want to look at new forks, rear shock, well actually the whole rear end most likely, possibly a different seat or handle bars. Anything helps, but i want to get the big stuff done first.

Originally posted by ohgoodtimes View Post
    Could someone point me in the direction of a thread or site which would help me find which parts are interchangeable on my bike. I want to look at new forks, rear shock, well actually the whole rear end most likely, possibly a different seat or handle bars. Anything helps, but i want to get the big stuff done first.
    Are you talking about modern upgrades?

If so there is info ALL OVER the place on this forum...GSXR front ends, Bandit rear ends, etc

Comment

Search my posts, there are a lot of mods done to mine. I have '90s GSX 600 (katana) wheels and the entire front fork assy, Hagon rear shock with the stock swing arm on it. 34mm carbs from an '87 1100 GSXR. Nobody made an aftermarket seat for these, mine was redone years ago by Sargent.
      Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Aside from the crank, rods, pistons, and cams your bike is exactly the same as an '85 GS700. In fact, you can swap the pistons and cams from a 700 into your bike for a decent performance boost...

I'm about to swap a 1990 "Katana" GSXF600 front end and rear wheel onto my bike, supposedly everything bolts right up.

edit: wow, just barely beaten... I need a new rear shock, you may want to watch QuaiChangKane's thread about that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ohgoodtimes View Post

Check www.ebay.co.uk - there are always aftermarket Giuliari seats for GS750's listed by sellers willing to ship to the US. Your best bet, though, is to have your seat reshaped/recovered by a local upholstery shop.

Many, many Suzuki models are compatible for fork/swingam/wheel/brake swaps, depending on your mechanical skill and patience level. Just start searching - nobody has really catalogued interchangeability in any single thread, for either this model or any other model in particular.

I guess we should, but it would be a lot of work to sift through all the old threads...

Good luck - and chronicle your progress with plenty of photos!!

-Q!

Comment

Working...
          X