k&n add-on (not pods)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

k&n add-on (not pods)

Does anyone know if this will make that big of a difference, i have the 4-1 exhaust, would i need to re jet. I noticed a lot of talk about the pods but i can't find much on just after market filters thanks

Originally posted by ohgoodtimes View Post
    Does anyone know if this will make that big of a difference, i have the 4-1 exhaust, would i need to re jet. I noticed a lot of talk about the pods but i can't find much on just after market filters thanks
    If you have a 4-1 and the bike has not been re jetted it won't help because your just letting more air in without adding fuel. It may even
    slow down the bike and create a lean condition. If the bike has been re jetted for the exhaust already and is running rich it should help.
    In order to pass emissions most bikes run a bit lean stock, make
    it leaner without rejeting and you run the risk of ruining your engine.

Comment

I am not very sure about the jetting, perhaps kent can help us out on that one, he sold me the bike. I think it does have a jetting problem though, when cold the bike kind of dies wihout giving it gas when hot the engines revs but i can bring it down by letting the clutch out a bit and it will hold off about 1100. I plan on doing a lot of work on the bike his summer and i am trying to get my list in order.

Comment

Working...
      X