Sweet Lookin Exhaust On The Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet Lookin Exhaust On The Bay

you guys gotta check out this exhaust kit it looks insane and appears to be on helluva power gainer cant figure out the link so item # 250245104008 check it out and let me know what you think I might scoop it up!!!

1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by bigmike1980 View Post
      you guys gotta check out this exhaust kit it looks insane and appears to be on helluva power gainer cant figure out the link so item # 250245104008 check it out and let me know what you think I might scoop it up!!!
      Don't bother unless you want it for looks.

Comment

Is THIS guy a nutjob? Orange county Intl raceway closed down almost 30 years ago......and this guy is claiming he has had the Ultimate Exhaust for 30 years and NO ONE else has seen the light?

sounds like the old "100 mpg carb that detroit doesn't want you to know about" scam from the 70's

Comment

Just asked him a simple question to see if he was as slippery as had been indicated in previous threads... copied below along with his non answer. If he can't answer simple queries his rep here is ringing true... Buuuuzzzzzzzzzzzzz... No sale

Hi, Can you please show or send a pic of the pipes from the front (to see if my oil filter would be accessible) and also tell me how much shipping would be to Auckland New Zealand. Thanks

Colin
          Sorry, I don't have a close up, but I think it is possible to change the filter w/o removing the X-PIPEtm exhaust. If you install a remote drain plug, you won't have to drop the system to change the oil. But, even if you did, it is well worth the extra trouble.

Yeah.. Right

Comment

There's a very interesting "story" listed on Ebay. So I contacted John Ulrich(publisher of Roadracing World and Motorcycle Technology magazine) to see if he recalled this review/product. If the listing disappears here is the story listed in the description:

SORRY, UFO CHARLIE.
            > HERE COMES THE TRUTH ANYWAY. HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT?
            > I think it is the ridiculous claims of the UFOs, by the mindless
            > magazine morons, that should be stopped. In spite of the mindless
            > magazine morons, I bring you a much better exhaust system; my genuine
            > X-PIPEtm exhaust. The glossy magazines first tried to ignore the
            > tremendous power of my X-PIPEtm exhaust, then they wrote false stories
            > about false tests, then they credited one of their own advertisers
            > with the invention of my X-PIPEtm exhaust, now their allies wrongly
            > pull my eBay listings. The following story is true and explains the
            > UFO magazine's first line of defense; ignoring the obvious truth. I
            > was set up for failure, but even when my mighty X-PIPEtm exhaust won
            > the rigged test, the UFO magazine simply wouldn't write the story. Had
            > my X-PIPEtm exhaust lost, you can bet that the next magazine issue
            > would have shouted my failure to the moon and back. So, sit back and
            > enjoy the rest of the story.
            >
            > After I moved to CA to sell my invention; the X-PIPEtm exhaust system,
            > I found out that nothing that I had been told about UFOs was true.
            > Yosh exhausts were not designed nor built by Yosh. They weren't even
            > tested before production. At that time, the same was true of VHR UFOs.
            > At that time there were over 150 name brand UFOs on the market. Any
            > UFO would sell, but none worked. In reality, the systems were designed
            > and built by 3rd parties that had nothing to do with the name brand re-sellers.
            > They even had the magazine morons fooled; you could tell, because the
            > name brand UFOs always won every magazine's annual exhaust shoot out.
            > All shoot outs were lies.
            > Years ago I attended a Cycle (World) test at the now closed Orange
            > County Raceway. It seems that Kerker won that year's shoot out, but
            > reader feedback was off the charts; customers who were fooled into
            > buying the Kerker were angry because it slowed customer bikes down. A
            > new writer, Steve Anderson, was put in charge of the test. John Ulrich
            > (Associate Editor at the time) was the driver of the same GS1100 used
            > for the shoot out. John began with the stock exhaust and jetting to
            > set the baseline. Then he changed to the Kerker. The GS1100 was
            > slower, much slower. Kerker gave Steve, I think, 8 jetting
            > alternatives, from which to make more power with the Kerker, although
            > only the 6th was used in the original shoot out. Steve didn't know how
            > to rejet the GS1100, so I was inducted to put pod air filters on and
            > rejet for each combination, under the eye of John and Steve. Each
            > combination did nothing to catch up to the OEM GS1100 times. Finally,
            > on the Stage 8 jet combination, after many passes, Steve told John to
            > try harder; to launch at a higher rpm and to shift at a higher rpm
            > with the Stage 8 Kerker. John replied that he was launching and shifting at the same rpm for each combination.
            > John was trying to be fair. Steve told John to go for more rpm, he
            > didn't care whether it was "fair." John ran a few more passes, raising
            > the rpm with each pass. Finally, he bent the valves, but the GS never
            > went faster than the OEM times.
            > When John returned from the pass, the GS would not idle, because the
            > valves were bent. Steve walked up to me and said, "Now, we are ready
            > for your exhaust." I said, "My exhaust doesn't need to be re-jetted
            > and you are on Stage 8 jetting, with bent valves, and you want to test
            > my exhaust, NOW?" Steve said, "It's either now or never." I never
            > really expected to run my exhaust at that test, certainly not on a
            > damaged engine with the wrong jetting, but what the heck, I
            > incorrectly figured that this might be my chance to bring something
            > new to the glossy world of magazines.
            > So, I installed my MX1 S exhaust on the GS1100, with its Stage 8 jets
            > and bent valves. What did it do?
            > I went to the tower to watch the clocks, I didn't trust Steve to give
            > real numbers.
            > The GS pulled a wheelie all the way through 2nd gear. It didn't do
            > that in any test before.
            > Steve stood there in silence. He looked at the clocks, looked at the
            > GS at the end of the track. Looked back at the clocks. Then, after
            > another moment of silence he said, "I know why it was so much faster."
            > I said, "I'm dying to hear this." Steve said, "John got a better
            > launch, that is why he was so much faster." I said, "Yes, it's called
            > a much better power band." Steve had nothing else to say after that. I
            > don't know whether he ever told John what the actual times were.
            > When Steve wrote his first story, can you guess what he called it?
            > "X-PIPEtm kills Kerker." No. He called it, "In search of a free lunch."
            > Steve wrote about carb jetting, yet he had never jetted a carb in his
            > life, he had only watched me jet the GS carbs. Steve never told nor
            > wrote about how my X-PIPEtm crushed the mighty Kerker. Do you still
            > wonder why you will never read an honest test in any magazine? The
            > biggest advertiser always wins.
            >
            > I have fought the good fight to bring you the very best exhaust on the
            > planet. I hope that you enjoy it and tell your friends. This one is
            > for you. Ride safely.

Here is Mr. Ulrich's response to my inquiry:
            His name is Monte Campbell and his company was called Maxi Products and his pipe, Maxi X. He was kind of a mad scientist type but I used some of his products with good results, and wrote about them in Cycle World. He experimented with dry cell Maxi Batteries and had a thing that would make your speedo read higher than the federally mandated 85-mph maximum in the early 1980s. He also did a trick bore job on carbs that worked well and I wrote about that, he called them Maxi Bore carbs and they worked really well.
            But he once told me that Kawasakis and Suzukis came out of the same factory; and yeah, this was decades before they did their "strategic alliance" and shared some ATV and MX models, he was talking about GS1000s vs. KZ1000s. He thought Korea and Taiwan and Japan were the same place.
            And I gotta say, his pipe test story isn't ringing any bells in my memory.
            All I can say is, go look at that last brake pad test Roadracing World did, the biggest advertiser (by a factor of about 10:1) finished last! Last tire test, Dunlop won and they haven't ever advertised in Roadracing World (other than ads placed by their race tire distributors, which don't match the ads by Pirelli and Bridgestone and Michelin in any way!)
            Best regards,
            John Ulrich
            Roadracing World
            Last edited by Guest; 05-07-2008, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X