exhaust question for 1985 gs700e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exhaust question for 1985 gs700e

Just found this website, and I am excited beyond all belief. I have had my 1985 GS700e for a year now, and love it. Except for the difficulty in finding parts (could I be searching for the wrong things?) I would love to get some exhaust for it, make it sound a little better going down the road, but continue to strike out. Is there another model of bike that swaps out with the 700e? Or do companies not make anything for the one-year-only model? What are some good sites for any kind of aftermarket parts for the bike? I am planning a week long road trip this summer on it, and would love to get a windshield before I embark on such a foolish journey.
    Thanks

Very similar to '83 and onward 750s. I think a lot of parts also interchange with 1100s. I know headers are interchangeable.

What parts are you looking for other than pipes? If the headers are good you can often get sportbike type mufflers that will work.

You can also post in the parts wanted section of this site. Lots of the folks have extras and they are more than willing to help out. Just ask.

Welcome aboard bye the bye.

Cheers,
    Spyug

Comment

You can use the air cooled GSXR 750 pipes up to 92. They are easier to find than GS700 systems. Ray.

Comment

You sure Spy?

The 83-85 GS750E/ES are interchangeable with the GS700E motor. But are you sure the 1100 is interchangeable to the 83-85 GS750E/ES? They have diffenent exhaust gaskets, and I have no idea on the spacing.

Also, bganton80 search this site, the pipe issue has been discussed multiple times aboutthe 700.

Comment

Originally posted by GS700E Lover View Post
          The 83-85 GS750E/ES are interchangeable with the GS700E motor. But are you sure the 1100 is interchangeable to the 83-85 GS750E/ES? They have diffenent exhaust gaskets, and I have no idea on the spacing.

Also, bganton80 search this site, the pipe issue has been discussed multiple times aboutthe 700.
          1100 exhausts won't fit, port diameter on the 1100 is too big.

Comment

Working...
          X