Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone installed DJ stage 3 in a GS650GL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone installed DJ stage 3 in a GS650GL?

I'm currently in the process of cleaning my carbs on my GS650GL. The bike was sitting for six years before i bought it and the carbs were completely seized. I'm in the process of dissassembling them and running into all kinds of issues. I've destroyed the pilot jets removing them since the last person to tear the carbs apart was kind enough to damage the driver slot in the jet. I finally got 3 out, but the fourth is f'd. Need to find a screw extractor.

Anyway, on to my question. I figured since I have the carbs apart anyway, I was considering installing the DynoJet stage 3 jet kit and replacing the airbox with pods. This seems like a good idea since it's something I'd like to do in the future anyway, and the stock air filter is toast and needs to be replaced.

I want to know if anyone has experience with the stage 3 kit in a GS650. How does it run? Any problems? Etc...

I also want to know if anyone knows what the part numbers are for my K&N filter options. I'm considering individual pods or duals (1&2, 3&4) for the air filter replacements. I'm considering duals in order to get the same effect as individual pods, but without the 2&3 air starvation problems.

For all of you guys who want to say "keep it stock", I understand your thinking. However, I am planning to make this bike my own, so it's just not going to remain stock for long.

I've done my searches and haven't found much about my bike, so I'm hoping someone will have some insight for me.

Thanks!

Installed one in a 1000 with pods. I'm too rich. Going to eventually have to open then back up. The instructions said the needle clip on the 3rd slot and that is too much on my bike.

Comment

Thanks for the reply doctorgonzo, but I'm a little shocked that no one has a 650 with the Dynojet kit installed. I can't be the first guy trying this.

Comment

factory pro is supposedly better than dynojet if you can find a kit for your bike there.

Comment

You don't need stage 3 jets...

Your best bet is to find a local shop that sells the mikuni jets and purchase the stock ones. Get the bike running, and do plug chops and go from there.

But unless you're running 4-1 header, and pods you really have no use for the stage 3.
          1980 Gs550e....Not stock...

Comment

im doing the same thing

basically what i keep hearing is that the best combo for this bike is a 4-1 open exhaust, individual intake pods, and a DJ stage 3..... then u need someone who knows what they are doing to make it run right haha my buddy is a motorcycle mech. and he is thinking he can make my bike run 120hp and thats the set up we are doing ... so ill let u know how that works out soon

Comment

Good luck with this, my bike is an 83 650GL but I'm happy just having it run proper. I think what you will find is its cheaper to just go to one of the bigger models for similar power gain vs putting mods into the 650.

Comment

Working...
              X