78 GS550FI (Fuel Injected).. carb rebuild turned EFI Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drhach View Post
    Did you sort out your fuel pump question? I'm curious to know what you're using. Most of what I have seen are the internal type that need to be submerged in the fuel tank.

I found one on ebay for $70 including shipping. I think it is Made in China and is a direct replacement for Mecr, Audi , VW Bosch pumps. It was rated at 4 bar (58PSI)which is sufficient for my use. Also I found FP regulator on ebay for $30..

Comment

Originally posted by Junkie View Post
      narrowband won't be a great choice, especially if you get stuck in traffic much

edit: also, you may have power consumption issues

I am not going to use o2 at all for now. Once I have the baseline set on V3.0, I will upgrade to MSnE and include timing. The next upgrade will be to MSII with wideband. That should give me some time to figure out about the power consumption and its work arounds.

Comment

Restarted this project

Well.. It has been 5 years since I last posted on this. I had to drop this project for all these years as I had to move in 2008. My MC was sitting in a friends house for 3 years and then I had it shipped from coast to coast and sat out in the elements for another two. I finally bought a home with a 2 car garage and now have the space to restart the project.
        There are many rust issues to deal with now. I think I am going to do a frame off restoration.

Comment

dorn, this was getting interesting :-S

Comment

Working...
          X