• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jetting Questions

Here are the Stats:

1981 GS 750L
    Emgo filters
    Stock Exhaust(many holes)

Main problem is that I am fouling plugs like crazy, I have tried many different needle/jet settings with no luck.......

Please ask whatever question may be needed in helping figure this poor bike out. I wanna ride it but the constant fear of fouling a plug is keeping me off of it.

Those Emgo filters sure look like K&N's air filters but they were not designed to be oiled. If you or the previous owner oiled those filters that may explain your symptom of plug fouling.

Sounds like your GS is fairly stock so provide more detail and someone will be able to help you T/S.
    Steve

1979 GS1000E (45 Yrs), 1981 GPz550 (11 Yrs)

Comment

I figured out some more of my problem, I recieved two sets of carbs when the bike was purchased one set had a stage three dyna jet kit installed and the other was stock. after reading on the DJ website I found that I never intstalled the "air modifiers" I was able to extract them and install them into the set of carbs I have on the bike. It is running a lot better now but still does not start when cold only a shot of either will breath life into this monster........Anyone have thoughts on that problem??

Comment

Originally posted by hvfracingwilly View Post
        I figured out some more of my problem, I recieved two sets of carbs when the bike was purchased one set had a stage three dyna jet kit installed and the other was stock. after reading on the DJ website I found that I never intstalled the "air modifiers" I was able to extract them and install them into the set of carbs I have on the bike. It is running a lot better now but still does not start when cold only a shot of either will breath life into this monster........Anyone have thoughts on that problem??
        How much do you know is correct? Valve clearances correct? Timing Correct? Spark good? Carbs really clean? Float height correct? I haven't learned to troubleshoot jetting problems, but those who have always want to know these things.
        Dogma
        --
        O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
        '80 GS850 GLT
        '80 GS1000 GT
        '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Working...
        X