flat spot during rev and accel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flat spot during rev and accel.

ok on my 850 if you rev it a bit like say up to 4k let off then hammer on it again it doesnt want to get back in the upper RPM range very nicely, and when driving along if it drops under 3k it is very doggy then snaps ya back in the seat like say taking off slow or downshifting to gain speed.

but if i quickly roll the throttle in one smooth motion it will get right up to redline, does it hot or cold so its not that. i have a K&N from the PO but i honestly dont see how it is filtering properly as it doesnt fit tight against the walls of the airbox.

now could this be a jetting problem, vacuum leak, too lean/rich?

its getting really annoying. im about to order a DJ kit and exhaust and pods. if V&H will ever get back to me as what will fit my 82 850.

where should i start? i noticed one of the intake boots was crooked where it goes from the box to the carb but i doubt this would cause it.

you'd be surprised how easily these bikes go lean. airboxes and carbs are very sensitive to air leaks. fix that boot and seal the airbox and airfilter.

Comment

sounds similar to how my 850 was acting. I took the carbs off and cleaned them, they looked perfect on the inside compared to most of the carbs people are cleaning. So that wasn't the issue for me, the intake boots were coming apart on mine. HUGE leaks there. Replace them if they need it. I bet that's the issue. Also intake boot o-rings are a 'must' to replace too. check all the rubber around the intakes.

Comment

yeah i filled up with super and threw a whole can of seafoam in it to get things started. the other odd phenomenon i am having is my throttle side exhaust is bluing near the passenger foot pegs like all the way around the pipe. could this be a sign of running lean, i know EGT's get higher with lean conditions.

Comment

Working...
        X