Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harrison Calipers for GS750T, new fork, braided lines

Hi,
    I have read about Harrison Billet calipers, and would like to modify my '82 GS750T to accept them (does anyone have feedback on them?). The GS750T only has 1 front rotor, and I would like to have 2. Can I just swap out the fork for a different GS750 fork that has the dual caliper mounts? Also, the rear brake is a drum, and I would like this as well to be a disk brake. How hard would it be to convert the braking system to disk, and is that something you would recommend? As a slight aside, I have been unable to find stainless steel braided brake lines for this bike, has anybody else found them?

Here is a link to the calipers: http://www.billet.co.uk/index2.html?home.html~mainFrame

Thanks!!
    Last edited by Guest; 06-18-2008, 04:47 PM.

A 16 valve GS 1100 swingarm & wheel assembly is a bolt on. You would just need to mount the rear master & pedal. So is an early GSXR front end which has better brakes & suspension already. Ray

Comment

You should be able to fit fork legs from any dual rotor 750 model..... You could then fit the Kawasaki Twinpots with a bracket set from yours truly... haha

Not as flash as them billet jobs though but would look ok polished!

I would think a new wheel, caliper bracket, torque arm etc as well as a later model swingarm would see you right for a disk on the back.

I have a caliper bracket & torque arm if you need them...

As for lines... get Goodridge ones from www.z1enterprises.com you can measure up & choose your own length of line.

Dan
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
      X