V & H 4 into 1 closeout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 82gs1100 View Post
    hay whats the deal with these pipes? they were $280 something now their ski rocketing to $315. i tried ordering them yesterday from a place called nopork $282 shipped and they returned my money and said there suppler is out of stock. then i went back to there sit and now there price is $315.
    r they bing discontinued or just going up in price. should i buy now from bike bandit $289
    I noticed that Vance and Hines site the price has gone up on them. I dont think they are discontinuing them, at least there was no mention of that on their site. Keep in mind, this pipe fits god knows how many different bikes, and MAYBE they change just the rear mount depending on what they are selling it for. The same pipe fits ALL of the GS 8v models with the same head spacing (750 to 1100) and i think they maybe change the mount in back but maybe not too..I know if they are discontinuing, i will be snatching one up!

Comment

if you order from bikebandit use the promo code MOTODAD
      it may still work but it was good for 10% off

browse around they usually have promo codes floating around

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS750 View Post
        if you order from bikebandit use the promo code MOTODAD
        it may still work but it was good for 10% off

browse around they usually have promo codes floating around
        Well i HAVE a good VH pipe, Ima wait and see if you want to sell that one off that 750 you got, and if so, the VH will go on my 1100, and the pipe you have on the cafe.

Comment

just ordered my pipe from bikebandit $251 shipped the promo still works
          thanks 80gs750

Comment

Have any of you guys considered putting up a before and after video on YouTube for sound comparison?

I'm considering ordering a V&H for my 1980 GS850G (when it gets running) but I'd like to know what it sounds like.

-Brett

Comment

For all the jetting and filter replacements (add about ~$150 for the stage two DJ kit) I would have to do I am going to stick with my stock setup that I bought last year. I just have not sold myself on pods and since i ride in the rain up here in WA I just dont feel up for the swap.

If that is your fancy by all means...Bruce has a video he linked in a thread about V&H laying around that might be tied to a exhaust thread or a starter thread I'm not sure where it is.. search could not quickly look it up.. but it has a crazy sound to it no doubt.

Comment

Posted it in another thread, the weight is the thing for me. The drop in weight is VERY noticeable after the 4 into 1.

Comment

rain has no adverse effects with pods.....

many on here can attest to that. including me.

lol

Comment

Will the pipes for a 1000 or 1100 work for an 850? I had a muffler crack on mine the other day and I need to essentially replace my whole exhaust system.

Comment

they will work, in general
                      you may need to fabricate the mufler brackets
                      if you get the pipes from the same year as your 850 they should bolt right on
                      GS850GT

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS750 View Post
                        i would roll down to a hardware store and buy some allenhead stainless ones.. just put some antiseize on them when you put them in or they wont come back out
                        Isn't Loc-Tite what you use to keep a bolt in?

Originally posted by doctorgonzo View Post
                        As 850G said, a REAL hardware store may have them (like Ace). I got 316 stainless allen heads from McMaster-Carr I think it is, recommended by Nessism I think. 2 packs of 5 in 316 was about 25 bucks shipped, so got 2 extra.
                        I got eight from the dealer last year. Not stainless, not a great price but @$2/piece they are fine. The OEM on my 1150 are allens, the replacements are hex head. Not a big deal, the head was not the weak point when removing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kcwiro View Post
                          For all the jetting and filter replacements (add about ~$150 for the stage two DJ kit) I would have to do I am going to stick with my stock setup that I bought last year. I just have not sold myself on pods and since i ride in the rain up here in WA I just dont feel up for the swap.

If that is your fancy by all means...Bruce has a video he linked in a thread about V&H laying around that might be tied to a exhaust thread or a starter thread I'm not sure where it is.. search could not quickly look it up.. but it has a crazy sound to it no doubt.
                          Took a while...but I found it. Thanks.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottMc1100L View Post
                            Isn't Loc-Tite what you use to keep a bolt in?

I got eight from the dealer last year. Not stainless, not a great price but @$2/piece they are fine. The OEM on my 1150 are allens, the replacements are hex head. Not a big deal, the head was not the weak point when removing.
                            $2.00 each is what I paid for 316 stainless allen heads from McMaster-Carr

Comment

2 packs of 5 in 316 was about 25 bucks shipped,
                              $2.00 each is what I paid for 316 stainless allen heads from McMaster-Carr

25.00/10 = $2.50 each by my math? 50 cents a piece to ship a small bolt?

I admit I took the easy way. I just wanted the correct thread with the correct length. I was going to the dealer anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottMc1100L View Post
                                25.00/10 = $2.50 each by my math? 50 cents a piece to ship a small bolt?

I admit I took the easy way. I just wanted the correct thread with the correct length. I was going to the dealer anyways.
                                Ok, I rounded. It was $19.16 for the bolts and $4.00 shipping so 23.16 total so about $2.32 each. I'm about to send them another order for stainless allens for the racks that hold the carbs together, the bolts that hold the headlight in the bucket and my cam caps.

Comment

Working...
                                X