V & H 4 into 1 closeout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey!

Bike Bandit will match anyone elses price! I just did it. Cycle Spot offered them lower, I told them, now I get that price from bike bandit.

One bad part. MOTODAD promo code does not work with your lowered price. Actually cheaper to use MOTODAD. But when that goes away...

Comment

So my pipes arrived today, but still won't get to hear them until I get the generator cover gasket that I ordered the week before the pipes, also from Bandit!

C'est la vie.

I got to say however, that I wasn't all that impressed with the quality. The chrome is nice, but the welds are a bit rougher that I'd expect. Also the stupid V&H metal tag wasn't glued on properly to the megaphone (1/4" off center, and glue down the cone), and fell off when I tried to slide it back in line. It looks like it was hotglued on, so I'm a little baffled at how that wouldn't burn off the first time I fired it up. Not that I really want the tag there, but the plain detent where the tag was looks worse without it.

I suppose that I can glue it back on with a dab of muffler cement. No clamp @ the joint, which I believe is correct, and I can grok how the header bolts and the meg flange support would be sufficient, however I wonder how the flange holds up over time. What's your experience with wear at that joint without a clamp?
      Last edited by Guest; 07-24-2008, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clayton! View Post
        I was wondering, the site lists GS1100's, but would they also fit a GS650G? It's an 81' and I'm looking to replace the original exhaust etc, previous owner managed to flip and roll the bike, so the nice chrome originals are gouged/buckled all the heck. Any info would be much appreciated!
        I don't think that they're interchangeable, as the exhaust center-to-center measurements for the 1100 would be larger than that for the 650. The only mfr that I've found, at least in NA is MAC, and I have one installed on my own '81 650G. It has a good sound and did not require rejetting as long as the original airbox is retained, but oh how the chrome rusts! You have to be meticulous keeping it cleaned off. Still, its solid and available for around $3-$400.

Comment

Hey,

As of 7/31/08, all V&H megaphones are 20% off. Don't know if MOTODAD still works.

Comment

ya it still works just cancelled old order and re orderd at $231 shipped

Comment

Just got mine for 237 shipped. I figured that this is as low as it may get for a while. Doesn't ship for 2+ weeks, but thats ok.

Comment

Originally posted by 82gs1100 View Post
                ya it still works just cancelled old order and re orderd at $231 shipped
                Damn, good deal. Looks like holding out worked for you. Is it still backlogged though?

Also, I used MOTODAD on some OEM parts and a pair of riding jeans today, took more than 10% off of the jeans and some amount off
                of the OEM parts. (They were small and I didn't bother doing the math)
                I wish I had been using it on everything all along. So far I know that it lets you use it at least twice.
                Last edited by Guest; 07-31-2008, 09:38 PM.

Comment

$237 shipped not $231 my bad.
                  i emailed them and they said it looks like the 21st.
                  i hope so or we will have to reorder. they will only hold a order for 25 days

Comment

Really? Good to know. Are they going to charge us now or then?

Comment

I got the V12001 V&H megaphone

I have to pay tax in CA, but the shipping is cheap at $7.75
                      I'm in no hurry as this is a backup exhaust common to both my GS750 and GS1100.
                      Posplayr

Update from BB:

Order Date/Time: 7/31/2008 11:27:32 PM

------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Row Quantity Part Description Price Status
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------
                      1 15934792-001 Vance & Hines St $233.20 Back Order

Hello ,

The manufacturer has placed the item(s) above on backorder. This means that the item(s) is currently not in stock at any of the manufacturer's North American warehouses. Unfortunately, the manufacturer has not given us an ETA for the item(s).
                      Last edited by posplayr; 08-01-2008, 12:44 PM.

Comment

You guys out there in the US of A seem to get charged an absolute fortune for stainless allen bolts
                        I just got a pack of 10 M8 x 35mm for my headers from Ebay and they cost me £2.25 which in $ equals about $4.44 including delivery
                        A complete engine side casings allen bolt kit was £21.00 which is $41.44.
                        I don't know if this guy will ship to the US but give him a try

The side casing bolt kit came from here http://www.custom-fasteners.co.uk/

Comment

I got 8 SS allens for my intake boots for just over 10 bucks. I think the reason is because they are SS, Allens, and metric. Not very popular here in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by Froudster View Post
                            You guys out there in the US of A seem to get charged an absolute fortune for stainless allen bolts
                            I just got a pack of 10 M8 x 35mm for my headers from Ebay and they cost me £2.25 which in $ equals about $4.44 including delivery
                            A complete engine side casings allen bolt kit was £21.00 which is $41.44.
                            I don't know if this guy will ship to the US but give him a try

The side casing bolt kit came from here http://www.custom-fasteners.co.uk/

The complete casing bolt kit is available from Z1, 63 SS metric allen head bolts, cost me US$26. (# of pieces, and cost vary by model, but not by much)
                            http://www.z1enterprises.com/SearchR...ords=gs%20bolt

US prices are not higher. Just a big gap between what the uninformed public is willing to pay, and what the publicly available commercial prices are.
                            You can walk into any hardware store and pay cheap from the pik-a-nut style racks.
                            If you internet/mail order single bolts, it's going to cost a lot more for the same thing, economies of scale, packaging, etc.
                            Last edited by Guest; 08-01-2008, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Oh, and btw, the V&H Headers come with SS hardware (not for the meg mount though, just the header to head bolts)
                              Last edited by Guest; 08-01-2008, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Wow, and I thought I would have to get some. Thanks for the tip. I do need to get the gaskets though.

Comment

Working...
                                X